Recent content by Stovar

1. S

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

You don't need to really, all my chinese adaptors have been solid and fine but for safety reasons, a good high quality ps will be better regulated and checked so its perhaps just for peace of mind more then anything.
  2. S

I did look at these boards early on last year and while they look solid and better supported once you added in those extras with the nics, psu, case etc the price went off the charts like £300+ and then when I went to final basket it then added VAT and taxes on top and showed £400+ so it was...
  3. S

thanks good suggestions, yeah I was thinking there must be someone who can print and sell them but sure cost will add up. For now I just use a normal 120mm fan bracket and stuck it on with blue tak, oddly enough its cool and holding my noctua just fine on top.
  4. S

Does anyone have any links to buy those 3d printed bracket for fans? No 3d printer
  5. S

If anyone is having issues with cwwk email address try on ali express messaging via cwwk store.
  6. S

Out of interest can one buy that micro 4-pin to standard 4-pin adapter cable or this one anywhere?
  7. S

Not sure about the VM or proxmox issue but is your wifi card working normally in bare metal mode and say under Linux ubuntu or windows and is it mini pcie slot? Many of the N5xxx and Nxxx series mini routers be it from topton or cwwk regardless of 4 or 6 port have made their mini pcie wifi...
  8. S

Not a proxmox user but had my fair share of wireless network cards especially the ones that fit in the mini pci-e slots, see here but this was for 6 port nic units from cwwk and topton (N5100 and N100). I would first double check the wireless network card is getting detected, do you by chance...
  9. S

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Well about 3 other openwrt guys have now mentioned that mini pcie port is for usb 3g/4g modems only and not wireless mini pci-e cards. I can't be 100% if 4 port ethernet cwwk/topton etc routers have a working mini pcie port for actual wireless wifi cards, but I can say that my own cwwk (N5100)...
  10. S

It can happen in bios, seen it with many laptops and desktop pcs its like its running at full load in bios, but yeah once its running with an os, the energy saving features and cpu clocks etc can drop and so will the heat and energy usage, to me that is normal. Yeah that bios tweak may not work...
  11. S

256GB Toshiba nvme I am guessing, some nvmes can run hot while others not so hot so its almost trial and error. The WD nvmes I read are good for low power usage and heat, either way this is why I advice some form of active cooling. I have an noctua 120mm silent fan cable tied to the top lid so...
  12. S

It takes some digging so take some time and explore your own bios, if you check my own round up but from N5105/similar here I tried to make a list of where those settings are in the bios, there is a table to help guide it better. Since each mini router pc is different the settings maybe mixed...
  13. S

Becks did a great job of mentioning some bios tweaks here, its always a good idea to search for his name and bios tweaks in general since it changes at times, also when searching check the times and find the newer ones. Some more also here here here my own round up but from N5105/similar here...
  14. S

thanks, yeah did try this already by disabling sata ports, usb ports even and just leaving the mini pcie wireless card in the slot and booting openwrtx86 off the usb stick, lspci still shows no device. Card is warm though. I have spoken to a few others on openwrt community and they suggest the...
  15. S

@VLMT and @merseburger just a quick question, did you guys have to do any magic to make you wallytech wifi card work with these cwwk/topton mini routers? I have 3 different mini routers, 2x cwwk 6 port nic ones and also a new topton 6port router, but the Wallys MT7915 wifi card does not get...