Recent content by still_learning

1. S

Did I mess up? i350-T4 and H110 chipset

@68k-dude @RTM Thank you both! I'm feel bad saying this, but the original post was done right before the package got here and before there were any responses. I called and asked if I could return and get an Optiplex7040 (I thought I had made a mistake ><). I feel bad after you both spent time...
  2. S

Thank you! I hate to ask this after you've taken the time to answer my question. But is there a handy resource to know that the x16 slot isn't under direct control of the CPU? It may seem obvious >< I just didn't know
  3. S

I wanted try to all the flavors of edge software (Untangle, Sophos XG, pfSense, OPNsense), and I set out to build one: Optiplex 3040 (Manual, Specs start on page 41): -Intel H110 Chipset, supports PCIe v2.0 (Link) -i5-6500, supports PCIe v3.0 (Link) -Two PCIe slots (x1 and x16) Dell i350-T4...
  4. S

When the CPU fan picks random RPM's

There are several model numbers on there, so I've attached a picture (hopefully). It's an Intel Retail HSF (Foxconn specifically). Thes best I can find for figuring out the FAN part number is Where Can I Find Intel® Boxed Processors and Fan Part Numbers?. That said, searching online only returns...
  5. S

When the CPU fan picks random RPM's

I apologize in advance for the long post, but I'm trying to figure this stuff out alone and I'm getting nowhere. Also, sorry for the 'noise' ratings, but I don't own any equipment to measure decibel. I'm sure it's my ignorance, but I'm unable to read CPU fan rpm via any 3rd party utilities...