Recent content by stenrulz

1. S

Anyone with 4 x Samsung 840 PRO's on RAID5 with LSI Card?

Yea I know it is desgin for raid 0 but how does it compare to IR hardware raid 0? As the fusion-MPT has some very nice IOPS at lest for HBA mode not sure for hardware raid. Hopefully someone on here has done some testing before :)
  2. S

I am currently trying to find out what the maximum IOPS and throughput is for LSI SAS 9207-8i or LSI SAS 9300-8i with IR hardware RAID 0. I know using this with HBA style software raid the card will provide the performance. I just do not know the inner workings of the IR hardware RAID 0. Has...
  3. S

The issue with the Intel RST is the very limited number of Sata 3.0 ports. I have been looking into getting the LSI SAS 9207-8i or LSI SAS 9300-8i with IR raid 0 hardware raid. I have seen builds using these cards but in HBA and software raid, has anyone put 8 SSDs with IR raid 0 hardware...
  4. S

Hello, I am currently looking into setting up a decent size RAID 0 array with 8 to 16 SSDs, most likely Samsung 840 pro or OCZ Vectors with Adaptec RAID 71605E or MegaRAID SAS 9286CV-8eCC. I have looked at the HBA cards as well but I would like the option to boot Windows of the array at some...
  5. S

Norco Dual CPU cooling?

Any luck with getting the photos?
  6. S

Norco Dual CPU cooling?

Also, any other recommendations for cooling? Maybe a external rack mount unit (just an idea)
  7. S

Norco Dual CPU cooling?

Great, looking forward to those photos.
  8. S

Norco Dual CPU cooling?

E-ATX Sorry I was meaning the same thing... I am also from Australia, where do you order your sever parts from? Mainly techbuy myself.
  9. S

Norco Dual CPU cooling?

Great. Yes, i was planning to mount them there but still need to check the size of the I/O panel. Maybe next time i open the 4224, i will check the size. I was thinking that liquid cooling would be a beater option if i could find a the right cooling system. What do you think? So far builds...
  10. S

Norco Dual CPU cooling?

Which motherboard do you have? Do you mind providing some photos?
  11. S

Norco Dual CPU cooling?

Hello, I am currently planning to setup a new server system and would like suggestions and inputs into what cooling I should order. Here is some information about the speciation’s that relate to the cooling. Chassis: Norco RPC-4224 CPU: Dual Intel Xeon E5-2630 Motherboard: Supermicro...