Recent content by Stefan2k4

1. S

Samsung Odyssey+ VR headset is back on sale!!!

Is it actually available at that price? On the website, there's no "add to cart" button, only a "where to buy" button and that only list other places with higher prices. Also, is there any way to use this with anything besides windows 10, like for example linux? I understand it's a windows...
  2. S

'Sounding' off for a world that leaves many behind.

PCIe to PCI adapters should, in theory, work fine and not cause any hassle. The reason is from a software point of view, PCIe is backward compatible with PCI. That means you shouldn't need any special drivers or anything to make them work. In effect, if you use an adapter like that, your system...
  3. S

Battery ok, but BIOS wont keep settings X9DRi-LN4F+

Just a shot in the dark here, but some motherboards have a jumper to reset or clear the cmos settings. If this board has such a jumper have you checked that it's not set to clear those settings?
  4. S

Nvidia Tesla S2050 + Tesla K20 = problems

What happens if you leave one M2050 card in the Tesla S2050 and have K20 cards in the other 3 slots? I don't have any experience with the s2050, but I did use some s1070s. I found similar behavior to what you are experiencing. Apparently the the S1070 and later compute servers, check for the...
  5. S

ebay ecc ram, how often you find bad?

Aren't memory errors often caused by normal background radiation? If so, even with perfectly fine ram, if you run these tests long enough, you'd be bound to get a failure sooner or later, right? So, it would seem to me that running too many passes with tests like this is just going to give you...
  6. S

Supermicro X9DRD 1U chassis 126 USD

Seller accepted $110 for one pretty quickly, perhaps I should have aimed lower. Does anyone know if you need to populate both sockets to use the PCIE x16 slot? Should only have to use the CPU tied to that slot right?
  7. S

Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor 31S1P Special Price Promotion of $195*

I know this threads a little old, but for anyone reading this and interesting in the idea of using the Tesla compute server chassis as a PCIe expansion unit, Here's a tip. Look for the old S870 versions first. Most of those have probably wound up in the land fill by now as they had the really...