Recent content by starcaptain

1. S

Best place to buy used Epyc (non-china version)

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a tuning guide. Thank you so much for this as well as all your prior comments, I sincerely appreciate it. FWIW: with how quick and in depth you and others responded i'm absolutely loving the STH community. I have 500tb hdd and 60tb u.2 nvme spread...
  2. S

RE benchmarks: I will run some additional benchmarks this evening to see how it compares. I wasn't aware that the bios determined the power setting so I will take a look at that as well.
  3. S

Thanks for running those, especially since yours came from tuggm4470. I just couldn't figure out why the performance was less than ideal. Maybe I just got one that is genuine but just happened to be bottom of the bin. Several people recommend him as a seller so I will reach out and ask a couple...
  4. S

If it's not the CPU do you have any guess on what could be causing the worse performance; even a shot in the dark? Both are running ubuntu 22.04 desktop with NVME drives attached and running their own elastic indexes which aren't linked together. The only difference is the i5 memory is 3600...
  5. S

It's ubuntu so I used CPU-X, here is the results. I'm not sure what to look for though.
  6. S

Agreed that would be the sweet spot in terms of price and performance. I just noticed that the epyc I have issues with came from tugm4470. It's possible something else is off, however i cant think of what it would be. It's just the mobo, cpu, 8x64gb Hynix memory, ubuntu 22.04 desktop. The one...
  7. S

I just actually looked up my order from march and it came from tugm4470 this listing :/
  8. S

I'm not overly picky but the more cores the better. That's why I went with the 7551p is the 32 cores and 40k benchmark. The mobo is a supermicro H11Sl-i and supports 1st and 2nd gen epyc. So I can choose another 1st gen 32 core or 2nd gen 24/32 core (64 core is outside my budget).
  9. S

Is "ebay tugm4470" the person you're referring to?
  10. S

I have read many post on STH but it's my first time creating an account (due to the reddit blackout) so hopefully this is in the right section, if not my apologies. So I made a mistake in buying an Epyc on ebay from china before realizing that they have the performance throttled due to...