Recent content by spfoo

1. S

Baikal Giant-N cryptonight/cryptonight-lite ASIC.......

From Antiminer X3 specs: "3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong" :-)
  2. S

What version of Ubuntu are you running for mining?

Not using Ubuntu at all. Kernelwise I've compiled my own.
  3. S

[Software] -- Electroneum Daemon sucks -- ideas?

Turned out as I suspected that the problem is indeed in the volume of transactions caused by large number of small scale mining. The wallet code - copied from Monero - can't handle the transaction volume for long and starts collapsing. That's the root cause of the daemon and network instability...
  4. S

I wonder if today's price collapse in cryptonote-based coins has any connection with this...
  5. S

Monero Mining Performance

It's not that easy. Monero has a lot of changes to the original Cryptonote code. Any existing coin that was not already a Monero fork will have a field day (=year) implementing the changes.
  6. S

Nope, considering: "Power supply:ATX Power(12v 6pin connector*3)" 60W would run from a laptop power supply...
  7. S

ASrockrack 2U4N-F/X200

Thank you for this. You made me feel like a hero.
  8. S

Cool new mining case And motherboard for my P106-100 GTX 1060 gpu's UPDATE: Its assembled!! Finally!

It's really trivial to put a manual speed controller on the ground cable. Cost is minimal. I've used those when I was modding PCs into wooden boxes. Tuning the speed just by the noise works pretty well. The airflow at nice noise levels is still very good. Sure if there are big changes in the...
  9. S

I've been looking into this more through the Intense daemon as ETN has been broken. I've seen similar things that you about the connectivity and lags in getting the update about a new block etc. in that daemon. I just didn't notice it before because it happens only every few hours. But the...
  10. S

Electroneum Wallet Offline

Looks like Intense coin is having problems as well. Errors about double spending in the daemon log....
  11. S

I think one issue ETN can have is that they have a huge number of miners. Just look at hashparty.io US as an example: 689 miners for just 279 khs. If that's a typical rate it would hint at over a million miners in total. Those numbers put a very different strain on the network.
  12. S

Electroneum Wallet Offline

You would think that with the money they got from the ICO they could hire top people, but the technical issues just keep coming and coming. I thought before the ICO that now there's finally a professionally run crypto company, but how wrong I was.
  13. S

I an see the problem very well now. I compiled the daemon a couple of days ago and started a sync. It hasn't finished syncing yet. It stops the sync randomly every now and then.
  14. S

Yes if that doesn't kill the problem I don't think hardware can solve it. But as you've drilled down pretty deep on the issue I wouldn't think it's hard to fix. Seems like the syncing is not triggered immediately for some reason when a new block is found. It leaves only a few options where the...
  15. S

Good point. The original has a 2 minute block time for a reason maybe. And it's been designed/tested with that in mind.