Recent content by specv

1. S

ESXi boot drive on SuperMicro X10SDV-F?

looking at it that way you are correct, the 64GB probably makes the most sense.
  2. S

16GB is almost just as much of a waste if you look at it that way. What I liked about the 32/64 was they are twice as fast as the 16GB. Imgur So not that I need the extra 16GB or even that the extra 250mb/sec makes a difference it just seemed like better value. Though my plans is to simply...
  3. S

Why not the external usb ports? My set will be exactly the same. 500GB M.2 SSD and a 32GB satadom. I evaluated the 16/32/64 sata dom and the 32GB has the best price/performance ratio assuming you dont need more than 32GB of space..
  4. S

M.2 ssd would be 1 option, I would prefer the SATA DOM but i'm not using any other SATA ports. The next best option which is what I use on my NUCs for a ESXi boot drive is a low profile usb drive plugged in a rear USB port. Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra Fit™ CZ43 32GB USB 3.0 Low-Profile Flash...
  5. S

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Its a future project so I don't have anything yet. What ive considered is a QNAP appliance such as a QNAP TVS-863. In terms of switch Ill be looking at something like a ProSAFE PLUS XS708E. I Dont need a fully managed switch just some basic stuff such as VLANs and port mirroring. They are stil...
  6. S

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Been lurking on this thread for some time now and figured it was time to make a post. I ordered a X10SDV-TLN4F a couple of weeks ago from Ebiz Pc and I just received notification that it has shipped. Per my conversation when I ordered it, most channels were receiving them today. One big...