Recent content by SPCRich

1. S

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

Updates for the D51B-2u would be great =D
  2. S

Quanta QuantaGrid D52B-1U - Skylake, 25GbE NIC, Rails - $324.99 + SH

you can do the following ipmitool user list 1 ipmitool user set password X (where x is the number next to the name of the user you want to set a password for)
  3. S

There was a package on QCT's website specifically for V4 cpus. Not sure what your problem is, but after you apply it, V4's worked in the D51-1/2U's.... I know because i had both models and got V4's to work.
  4. S

I know this doesnt exactly answer your question, but the D51B-1U and 2U models worked with QS CPU's, so don't see why these wouldn't, since they're just a newer generation...but don't quote me on that. Just providing my 2 apples.
  5. S

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

that isn't answering the question... :D j/k
  6. S

US $192 ($190 BO) Great deal on a Quanta D51B-2U 2u Chassis

@djonz its really hard to brick the 3108 how did you do the upgrade? there is no specific verison, the 9361-8i firmware from avago is what you want, I mentioned it on page like 3-4 or so. you can use storcli /c0 download file=/tmp/MR_4MB.rom to update the card, you'll have to search for...
  7. S

US $192 ($190 BO) Great deal on a Quanta D51B-2U 2u Chassis

@djonz you need to use storcli to do it i forget the exact steps, but its something like storcli /c0/e0 download file=blah YMMV, do it wrong and you brick your expander. I have a 3108 based card in mine, and if you read through the history of this thread, I outlined where to get firmware etc.
  8. S

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

does this not seem like a better deal? https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-T730-Thin-Client-M-2-AMD-RX-427BB-8GB-32GB-M-2-SSD-Win-7-P3S25 32GB of ram, windows 7, etc for 20$ more Edit: missed no A/C adapter....still tho.
  9. S

PSOD during install on X11SCL-F board with all vmware approved hardware

Tried memtest, but only for a few hours. I just received 2 new sticks from Supermicro (ordered from their approved memory list for the board), popped them in, and still get PSOD's during install... Going to try doing a factory reset of the BIOS again, and burn the ESX installer to a USB stick...
  10. S

WTB: 5x 8tb NAS HD

or check out this site: ShuckStop
  11. S

i couldnt even get to installation, the installer crashes. RE: linux, tried an ubuntu live cd over ipmi.. got the following: this is while the installer is starting up. given that it says "MM_XXXXPAGES", my guess is it has to do with memory?
  12. S

WTB: 5x 8tb NAS HD

I have a single 8TB WD RED, probably around 27-29k hours, has ~12 remapped sectors, but SMART still shows good, still works, etc, I can show you SMART stats on remapped sector history out of LibreNMS if you want. Was gonna junk it, but if you want it, make an offer? It's not 5, but it gets you...
  13. S

I haven't, although esx did install once. I can try that tomorrow, and maybe get a linux based CPU burnin tool like prime95 to test the cpu. I can test that while I'm waiting on the SMCI approved ram to arrive (purchased direct from Supermicro as well, so new)
  14. S

Trying to build an ESX system with the following hardware: Supermicro X11SCL-F board (latest BMC/BIOS) Xeon E-2134 CPU 2x4GB sticks of DDR4-2133MHz memory * Samsung 250GB 960 EVO m.2 NVME drive Intel X710-DA2 2x 10Gb SFP+ nic SMC 1u Chassis (not that it matters) I've tried the following...
  15. S

EBay - US, Micron 5100 Pro m.2 SATA 960gb enterprise TLC with PLP $79

Technically they're counterfeit. They use different inductors, capacitors, silk screened fonts, etc. It's basically a knock-off nic. Yeah, the actual main NIC chip is authentic intel, but the entire rest of the board is cheaper/not-BOM parts.