Recent content by Spartacus

1. Spartacus

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

if you only need sata, why not just get a direct adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/10Gtek-Profile-Bracket-Controller-Expansion/dp/B09Y1NRHX3 This one has a half height bracket too, on the same page there are even M.2 options that have 4 sata slots too.
  2. Spartacus

High Endurance M.2 (NVMe not sata) SSD?

I'd be interested as well @gkovacs, I still have my mp510 but they're at about 1/3 their life span (144/400TB) so I'm considering upgrading them as they will hit their 5y warranty expiration next year. The only minor issue with my micron ones are they seem to run extremely hot they idle/low...
  3. Spartacus

Cheap 8+ ports sfp+ - low noise

Thanks, after reflecting I think for how few ports I need, I may end up going with ubiquiti's 5 port Flex XG, its $300 but most of my equipment is already ubiquiti so management would be easy. Addtionally it can do 1, 2.5, 5, or 10 gig and is already ethernet handoff
  4. Spartacus

That wont do 2.5gb I dont think though will it?
  5. Spartacus

do you have a link to the ali express listing? as well as the SFP+ 10g and/or 2.5g modules you used that were compatible?
  6. Spartacus

Assistance with disc enclosure to R630/MD1400

So since the server bios cant see the discs at all I have to assume a communication issue. I would try 1) try the cable SAS cable into port 1 on the other EMM to see if perhaps its running as primary perhaps? 2) Replacing the SAS cable 3) Add a 2nd SAS cable so both EMM are connected 4) Update...
  7. Spartacus

Advice on NAS build for home

https://www.elpamsoft.com/?p=Plex-Hardware-Transcoding Take a gander at that for gpu trans-coding estimates. That said a high core X10 xeon E5 system would probably work extremely well (single core proc with high count or dual proc with lesser count) I'm running a e5-2695 v4 and it works well...
  8. Spartacus

So everything finished, however I got some teaser news that unraid is about to allow zfs capability on the cache pool in the new 6.11 version, so since I'd need to rebuild the cache anyway I'm going to wait to move over my VM and docker containers to the new drives until that occurs.
  9. Spartacus

lookin good so far, while it technically should be 3k read per drive I'm not really complaining i suspect thats probably between the m.2 adapter or the bifurcation i'm using on the board, or possibly the OS limiting. I am getting better than advertised write at least The most impressive thing...
  10. Spartacus

both drives were new as promised with only 3 power and 0 data written or hours
  11. Spartacus

aww yeah, slapped in the card and good to go, gonna put in the machine tonight after I check the drive stats these are some beefy looking cache sticks
  12. Spartacus

So I actually ended up getting the 7300 Pro for about the same price as the max but I get better performance at a similar endurance (4.2 vs 4.5 pbw with over double the space (800gb vs 1.92TB). I lowballed him for $280/ea for two thinking he'd counter but he accepted ~ tbd on the condition...
  13. Spartacus

Thats a bit more than I wanted to pay, but for 10x the endurance and 3x the storage size isnt a bad tradeoff for 250$, I paid 100$ each for my SAS SSD that i have 4 of to get the same 800gb (on top of needing an enclosure, that takes up valuable hdd space and makes noise). Thanks @BoredSysadmin...
  14. Spartacus

Nice, thanks for the suggestion but I'm seeing the chart as only 800 TBW now (they might have changed specs, corsair's mp510 revision b is almost 1/2 the endurance of it's predecessor) I did find the seagate firepro 510 to be fairly comparable to the MP510, however they are almost double the...
  15. Spartacus

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

The h310 is the most common and generally readily available model. As for airflow, personally I just picked up a cheap fan pcie mount. Something like this: PCI Side-blown Graphics Card Cooling Fan Mount Bracket for sale online | eBay Then strapped a 120-140mm fan on it.