Recent content by some1else

1. S

ES Xeon Discussion

Anybody have a guess what these Sapphire Rapids OPNs might mean in terms of cores/clocks and compatibility? QY36 Q0KG For the first one google says C2 56core but still a QYnn, which is most compatible opn from what I've red so far, so sounds strange to me. As for the second one, google is...
  2. S

WTB: Not Working/Damaged Epyc ES 2S1404E2VJUG5

Back in the end of 2019, when first posted on Ebay, there were lot of non-working/not posting processors from these. Looking to buy some for hacking/slashing purposes. I do have shipping address in US and in Europe. For different locations, we would have to discuss details. Can do Paypal or...
  3. S

EU WTB 8/16 sticks of 32GB DDR4 ECC - 2133

Looking to buy 8 or 16 sticks of the mentioned memory from within EU. No need for fancy timing or speeds, looking for slow/regular memory. No preference over manufacturer whatsoever. Only requirement is to be working. Also, 8 x 64GB sticks might be of interest - all depends on price and offers...
  4. S

AMD ES ZS1406E2VJUG5 microcode version?

Not sure what type of bios Dell use, but maybe you can try with AMI Flasher utility (Afuwin, Afudos). If the bios is AMI, the option to backup bios under dos is "-o". BTW tried to download the bios from Dell website, but the file there is something that not any program I'm using can't open. The...
  5. S

Is it possible to make a BIOS dump, so we could eventually see anything useful in the bios?
  6. S

Thank you very much for the detailed guide. Already done it, UBU now shows the Rome microcodes on first and second location - before the mod, they were on 3-rd and 4-th location, respectively. Hopefully this will do the magic, will know in couple of days when I lay my hands on the H12SSW.
  7. S

As my UEFI Bios editing skills are very low, is it possible to make a simple walk-through/guide how this is done? Or if's easier for you, eventually to make the changes to the H12SSW bios for me to test/confirm when my board arrives?
  8. S

With what motherboard/bios have you tested this?
  9. S

We are getting closer to philosophical conversation if the glass is half full or half empty with this. I said "very near if not identical", never said "almost identical". You said "pretty far". Well, I don't how close is far and how far is close, but what I can say for sure is that ZS is in...
  10. S

Yes, all are ES. It's not ES when the first letter becomes a "P" according to this http://www.moepc.net/content/uploadfile/201811/8d7b1542898939.png and that RyzenCodeDecoder It's not a decryption given by AMD officially, but seems logical and reasonable, that's why I said ZS is...
  11. S

Yes, I got it from the exact place. Here are the pics. Imgur
  12. S

So far waiting for motherboard, haven't tried anything. Should arrive next week. Between ZS and 2S version, ZS is the better one as it is Qualification Sample (very near if not identical to retail version) and mine is ES1, which is the earlier version of ZS. Added to this, we have screens form...
  13. S

As I said, I'm waiting for Supermicro H12SSW-in to arrive next week, but as far as I understand, you've tested this combo and it's a no go?
  14. S

Bought 2S1404E2VJUG5 few weeks back, have some broken capacitor matrix, but beside that, looking in good health. From what I've see this missing capacitor should not be a problem, for a POST at least. Waiting for H12SSW next week, but from what I've red so far I'm not optimistic at all...