Recent content by sofakng

1. S

Can I attach these square-mount rails on my round-mount rack? (re: Norco RL-26 rails)

I've purchased the Norco RL-26 rackmount rails a long time ago to use with my Norco RPC-4220 4U case. The rack I've been using has round holes and I use network rack clip nuts to attach all of my equipment but these rails seem impossible: Does anybody have any ideas or are these rails unusuable?
  2. S

Rackmount rails for Norco RPC-450B?

Does anybody know of any rackmount rails for the older Norco RPC-450B? There is a review on Newegg that mentions the "iStarUSA IS-20" rails work but I can't seem to find this exact model listed anywhere and I don't see any other confirmations...
  3. S

Replacement key (or 3D printable) for Norco RPC-450B (4U) rackmount case?

I've lost the key for my Norco RPC-450B (4U) rackmount case. Does anybody how to purchase (or 3D print) a replacement? Here is a picture of the lock: (inner diameter measure about 5-6mm) Here is the case: Can anybody help me out?
  4. S

Are there any SFP+ adapters to connect 2.5 GBe RJ45?

Hmmm.... I hope the US-48-750W (or UDM Pro) support 2.5 GbE then... :/
  5. S

What about the Ubiquiti UACC-CM-RJ45-MG ? I'm not sure if it's new, but it's listed on Ubiquiti's site supporting 10/5/2.5GbE to 10G SFP+ ?
  6. S

I'm using a UDM Pro with a UniFi US-48 switch and both have 10G SFP+ ports. However, one of my new PCs has a 2.5 GBe RJ45 port. Are there any SFP+ adapters to convert from 2.5 GBe RJ45 to SFP+ ? If so, are any recommended for compatibility with the UniFi US-48 (or UDM Pro) ?
  7. S

What is typical 5 GHz latency (ping) when in the same room? (re: MacBook Pro M1 + UniFi U6-LR, Wi-Fi 6, spikes to 100ms+)

Does anybody have a Macbook M1 they can use to ping their access point? I'd love to rent/borrow a Ruckus AP to see the latency results. I understand the latency/ping spikes are caused by MacOS Location Services but I'm still seeing a normal ping of 3-10ms which is much higher than my portable...
  8. S

[WTB] Ruckus Access Point (R610-R730)

I'm having some latency issues with my new UniFi U6-LR so I'm hoping to try a Ruckus access point. I'd love for the latest R730 (802.11ax) but realistically I'm hoping to find a used/refurbished R710/R720.
  9. S

What is typical 5 GHz latency (ping) when in the same room? (re: MacBook Pro M1 + UniFi U6-LR, Wi-Fi 6, spikes to 100ms+)

Thanks... Something is definitely wrong. What access point are you using?
  10. S

I'm trying to get my hands on a used or refurbished Ruckus R710/R720 to see if that solves my problem. Your ping times are what I'm expecting. Thanks for the advice. I've actually manually selected channel 100. The AP selected 36 and it had the same exact problem which is why I manually...
  11. S

I've just purchased a UniFi U6-LR (802.11ax) but I'm seeing inconsistent and high latency: (I've tested the router [UDM Pro] and other machines on my network) The UniFi U6-LR is sitting on top of a bookshelf and I'm sitting on a couch about 15 feet away with my MacBook Pro M1: The signal...
  12. S

Supermicro X9DRi-F - IPMI is partially broken after firmware upgrade

Thank you so much! This appears to be the correct answer. I've installed 32-bit Java and it works perfectly. How did Supermicro forget to include the x64 libraries? The JLNP file (launch.jlnp) references it! (libwin_x86_64__V1.0.5.jar) Very frustrating and I would have never figured that...
  13. S

Possible to flash HP 656089 to Mellanox ConnectX3 firmware?

OK -- I should have searched the forum a bit better. I've downloaded firmware 2.42.5000-MCX354A-FCB from the Mellanox website. Hopefully this is the correct one? Here is the new output after flashing: Image type: FS2 FW Version: 2.42.5000 FW Release Date...
  14. S

Supermicro X9DRi-F - IPMI is partially broken after firmware upgrade

I've installed IPMIView20 but it doesn't open at all. (ie. I run it from the start menu but nothing happens) I've also installed the full Java 8 64-bit installation for Windows but it didn't help. However, I've been using a portable installation of the Java runtime (JRE 1.8.0_271) and using...
  15. S

Possible to flash HP 656089 to Mellanox ConnectX3 firmware?

I've purchased two network adapters from ebay with the following description: Lot of 2 HP 656089-001 Infiniband 10/40GB DP NIC 649281-B21, Full Profile I've also purchased fiber transceivers from fs.com but I have an issue when I reboot I need to unplug/replug the LC fiber cable several times...