Recent content by snippem

1. S

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

I do believe that any store that is located on Ali-express should be avoided if you want premium service and a premium device. I bought a Topton N5105 with i226 Nics and can say that the thing took less that 2 weeks to arrive in the Netherlands. It was well packed and came with all the necessary...
  2. S

Topton 4x Intel i226-V 2.5G N5105 with opnsense allway's on 2GHZ

Nice :cool::cool::cool: When it arrives I would check the power brick. I got a samsung but I doubt samsung has made it. Replaced it for a Mean WELL GST60A12-P-1J 12 V 60Watt with a adapter plug from 5,5 mm (2,5 mm male) to 5,5 mm (2,1 mm female)
  3. S

After altering the bios settings and adding the code for using c3 states I now idle at 45 degrees. Keeping in mind my router sits in a closet (fusebox in dutch meterkast) these temperatures are in my oppinion quite good.
  4. S

Somebody on the opnsense forum pointed me that there is a megathread here on device like I own. So searched in the thread on bios and found a user that explained in detail what to alter in the bios and in opnsense. Result: 5 to 8 degrees celcius less heat means better efficiency @T.Sharp Thanks
  5. S

Thanks for the quick reply Checked witch C-state was the lowest and that was C1 Did the following : Add four new entries under system -> settings -> tunables: Code: [Select] dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest dev.cpu.1.cx_lowest dev.cpu.2.cx_lowest dev.cpu.3.cx_lowest and use C3 as value for each of them...
  6. S

Hi all, New here and also new with Topton and opnsense. Everything is working as exspected but the only thing i ran into is that the frequentie off the n5105 is not scaled down with no use. The temperatures are fine though on idle 52 and the highest what i have seen is around 70 degrees...