Recent content by Sniper_X

1. Sniper_X

DELL FX2/FX2s 8 bay chassis w/ FC430 servers...

I still have a few left and have lowered the price to $3,900.00
  2. Sniper_X

DELL FX2/FX2s 8 bay chassis w/ FC430 servers...

Yes its been a crazy day I’ll get you the shipping info asap
  3. Sniper_X

What is the latest MLNX-OS that will run on SX6036?

Well crud. okay, so, now, a silly follow up question… fo you know if it might be possible to push an SX 6036 farther in either firmware or features? I have all these switches and would love to squeak out every last drop of capability. also? If you know anything about Mellanox NEO, I would...
  4. Sniper_X

What is the latest MLNX-OS that will run on SX6036?

I have several SX6036 Switches. All are fully licensed, and running 3.6.812 What is the latest version of MLNX-OS available for these? I cannot locate anything beyond 3.6.8012 I am open to, and capable of rolling a new FW bundle if that is a "thing" that can be done. As long as it works, I...
  5. Sniper_X

Mellanox NEO - finally got latest, but actually need older version...

I struggled to get the latest version of NEO, but now I see that I need version 1.2! The newer version sure is pretty, but it doesn't play nice with my SX6032's! Does anyone know where to get the older versions of NEO?!
  6. Sniper_X

Need way to break out my 40/56Gb switch ports....

Yea, that what I'm doing now. To build this "core" I have 2 Mellanox SX6036 56Gbe switches with the Infiniband gateway active. I intend to rack these 1U apart and 1U underneath. Initially I'll put in two 10GBe Dell 8000 Series Powerconnect switches in the empty 1U spaces. OR I'll use...
  7. Sniper_X

Yep. All i want is a 2-3 U box to do this with my small-ish network/lab.
  8. Sniper_X

Got it. Yes, I saw these devices too, however I just cannot stomach burning one 40Gbe port for a single 10Gbe port, or just to make 4 10Gbe SFP ports (although that is more acceptable). I am trying to find a device that takes one or more 40Gb QSFP+ links, connectes them to a backplane, and...
  9. Sniper_X

Thanks for looking all that up, but I know about these items, and the idea of using a single stand-alone media converter is a huge waste. This is why i'm asking about a "rack mountable platform that has the ability to take one or more 40GB QSFP+ connections and allows me to push in various...
  10. Sniper_X

FS: QUANTA T41S-2U gear - blowout of spare parts...

I have tons of spares for Quanta T412-2U components and spare parts. Will accept PayPal or ZELLE Shipping would be from 30043 USA, GA Asking $1200 (negotiable) - I do not want to sell pieces in small bits because that has not been moving this stuff out I need it all gone ASAP Also i'm offering...
  11. Sniper_X

Yes, of course. I have several of these cables and i'm using them to connect southbound switching etc., but that isn't the issue. The issue is that I need to produce RJ45 ports and perhaps other media types. I want to do this without adding a whole switch on the end of a breakout just so I can...
  12. Sniper_X

I have several Mellanox SX6036 switches. I am hoping to use a pair of them as a network core. There will be PLENTY of open ports eve after I fully populate all the 40/56gb connections using QSFP+ cables. However, I need to break a few of these out to various other media types. I could link to...
  13. Sniper_X

DC on Display: What's the most visually stunning storage array chassis you have seen?

Nope. I am specifically asking about the storage chassis, disk shelf or array chassis that you would mount in a rack. Not the racks.
  14. Sniper_X

DC on Display: What's the most visually stunning storage array chassis you have seen?

I am designing a custom infrastructure and it will be on display in a lobby. I would like to build the storage targets in the most visually spectacular chassis possible. I do NOT want non-functional lights or anything that is obviously fake, however some small lighting effect is acceptable. I...