Recent content by SligerCases

1. S

two servers on the same rack level

No airflow from top or sides, only front of the case. Air flowed through front fans, across first motherboard, through a second row of fans, then across second motherboard, then out the back. There was some ducting to where the fan in front the IO / cable side of the case (left side, since it...
  2. S

Threadripper with a Wraith Ripper in a 4U chassis?

Asetek is releasing a full-block 360mm AIO for TR4 socket in October
  3. S

two servers on the same rack level

I had to do this once before for a customer in a 2U! We wound up rotating the motherboards 90 degrees so that the IO faced the left side of the case interior (from front), and then we just ran some extension cables to the front and rear of the case. System was powered off an ATX PS2 unit in...
  4. S

Designing 1U/2U/3U/4U rackmount server chassis - these will be going to production - looking for input, ideas, and feedback!

Everything I have read on the Backblaze Pod / 45 Drives case has shown no issues with airflow when drives are not populated. Only thing I would consider is some instructions to evenly space / stagger the drives, or start from middle and span out. Don't just populate all on the left side or...
  5. S

Designing 1U/2U/3U/4U rackmount server chassis - these will be going to production - looking for input, ideas, and feedback!

I wasn't planning on a 5U originally, but I like your idea a lot. If I do wind up doing one it will be for 3x 140mm front fans. The front panel is also a fun idea. I am just starting to get requests from various people on what they'd like to see for front panels. The current hex pattern is just...
  6. S

2U Short Depth with 80mm Fan Wall

What other requirements you have; motherboard, PCIe cards, storage, power supply, etc? I was designing some 2U's to put up on Amazon/NewEgg to compete with Rosewill, Chenbro, iStar, etc. and a model with 4x 80mm fans across the front was one of the options. However what I have drawn is only 13"...
  7. S

I originally was thinking 3x 140mm fans at the front, but as you said, very little room left for power button/USB/etc. I also read some review on newer 120mm fans vs 140mm fans, and the new Noctua A12 and Phanteks T30 are so close to performance of 140mm fans (or in some cases, better) that I...
  8. S

Yep! Will get some rackmount NAS cases going first, then some SFF desktop NAS cases like you describe are up next.
  9. S

Noted on this, could some serious rack density with such a layout. Only thing I am skeptical on is the slim optical. Seem like that might be fairly niche, particularly if front has 10Gbps USB C? #1 Yes - I am all about leaving space for cable management. One of the biggest gripes I have with...
  10. S

Short Depth Rack Mount Case with 3.5 HotSwap

What motherboard are you looking at using? I was actually designing a 1U case specifically for 2x 3.5" HDDs with hot-swap, but it was limited on choice of motherboards due to 90% of Mini-ITX boards not fitting in a 1U due to the height of the integrated IO shield. Case was then limited to some...
  11. S

I did not know that case existed, it's pretty compact, but looks extremely difficult to work in and reviews are not great. Price also seems pretty steep. You using MicroATX? System have a GPU? Height not being a problem opens up some ideas. What cases are you currently using for all of this...
  12. S

Are you thinking like an equivalent to the 45 Drives case, ex: 4U and top loading? I could make that. Only thing I really can't do is front trays with PCB backplanes. (Chinese can make a whole case cheaper than I can buy a single SAS microcontroller for.) I did make a 3U case that is 15" deep...
  13. S

Thank you! Sorry it got flagged as spam / looks so much like spam. Please have him shoot me whatever I need to do that / get setup. The 3U case with the 3x 120mm fans in the front and a 3090FE in actually topped out the 3090FE at 70C in our prototype unit. Have a post on my Instagram about it...
  14. S

Hello! I am looking for feedback on some rack mount case designs I am working on, and had a few people recommend I post here! Would like to know general idea of what people are looking for. I was really targeting the DIY server builder, but at same time trying to make these really appeal to...