Recent content by Slatts

1. S

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Thanks for the help. I edited my post and added another picture of one I found on my board in a different location. It's a much better view for id.
  2. S

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I flashed the BIOS with a clip on programmer and it didn't change anything. I wasn't able to flash the BMC using the clip on style programmer. I think this was because I had to power the board in order for the programmer to not throw a overcurrent error since the chip's circuit powers other...
  3. S

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Via wireshark I managed to get to the IPMI login page by directly connecting to the motherboard using a ethernet cable to a laptop and setting the laptop IP to the same subnet. Now the problem is root/superuser isn't working and I don't know the username and password. Is there a way to hardware...
  4. S

Tyan S8030GM2NE

It's a brand new sea sonic titanium 850 watt. I don't think it's bad. Yes, RDIMM. Yeah... I think you are right.. I don't have another CPU or mobo. I wish there was a way to tell what part was bad Mem, CPU, or Mobo without needing extra parts.
  5. S

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Wouldn't the auto on after AC loss be turned off if I reset the CMOS? Makes me thing the CMOS reset I did didn't work. When I hold the pwrbtn nothing happens, it doesn't turn off. I tried with one stick of RAM, no difference. I don't have any extra thermal paste so I can't reseat the CPU but I...
  6. S

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Hi all - I finally received all my parts for my build an put my server together today. I'm in the process of building a server with the Tyan Tomcat HX S8030 (S8030GM2NE) motherboard and EPYC 7302p. When flip the PSU switch to give the board power the BMC green led is solid, then after 15...