Recent content by Skud

1. S

ICX7150 for repair?

Oh cool. I'll give that one a try (once it gets back in stock).
  2. S

ICX7150 for repair?

I've had all three of my SL PSUs die now. Looking to maybe convert this to an external supply. I have a good source of 54v external PSUs with the 4-pin "Power DIN" connector. Does anyone know of a power DIN socket that would mount in place of the existing power connector? I wonder if there is...
  3. S

HP ProLiant DL380 iLO4 NAND Flash

Yeah - I think you may have other issues then. Out of 25-30 DL360 and DL380 gen8s most have failed NAND and they've remained perfectly functional. Even the iLO logs retain over power cycles so I don't think it uses that NAND chip for that.
  4. S

HP ProLiant DL380 iLO4 NAND Flash

I think this is a cool project!! That being said...... I've encountered a lot of these systems. There was a bug in the older iLO code which prematurely wore out the NAND. However, it's my understanding that the NAND is only used for the Intelligent Provisioning. I don't think I've ever used...
  5. S

Reducing idle and standby power consumption on H12SSL-NT: disable NIC(s)?

I’ve found that having a keyboard and monitor plugged in will sometimes draw 10-12 watts.
  6. S

[US-OH][FS:] HP SL4540 gen8 - Two-Node - 120TB LFF

I really appreciate the constructive advice. Thank you. I'd be willing to sell the chassis and drives separately and I would also be willing to drive a few hundred miles to deliver/meet. I'll update the OP.. Also, price lowered to $1995!! ;) I need these gone.
  7. S

Bump! Willing to entertain reasonable offers!!
  8. S

So, given storage still seems to be a hot topic the important question here is.... Who is going to buy my servers? :cool: Riley
  9. S

Out of curiosity, what was the scam? I see talk of a good portion being pre-mined. Is that it?
  10. S

ICX7150 for repair?

Has anyone had success with another PSU? The external brick idea would be cool - just need to find the correct plug and internal wiring..
  11. S

ICX7150 for repair?

So, I just ran into this as well - one of my units with the replacement SL power supply just "died" after about a year of usage. I opened it up and the PSU has 0v on the output. No smells or other evidence of failure.. Riley
  12. S

They were Exchange servers running Server 2012. Never skipped a beat.
  13. S

Something a bit different.. HP P/N: 663600-B22 I have a couple of these systems for sale.. Here's the info: HP ProLiant SL4540 Gen8 Server - Overview (hpe.com) QuickSpecs: HP ProLiant SL4540 Generation 8 (Gen8) Server (hpe.com) StorageReview: HP’s ProLiant SL4500 Gen8 Features Modular Big...
  14. S

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

If you end-up with any of the 3IE3 and 3ME you absolutely need to make sure that they are running the latest firmware. A number of the major vendors, which use these as boot disks for their HCI nodes (Nutanix, Dell, etc.) have issued priority firmware updates. They might suddenly drop-off on...