Recent content by Sjhwilkes

1. S

SONIC switch and 100G-CWDM4 modules

Do you get anything from: 'show interface transceiver eeprom Ethernet4 -d' 'sudo sfputil show eeprom -p Ethernet4 --dom' (switch Ethernet4 for whichever your QSFP is in)
  2. S

Port breakout on Sonic - specifically Celestica DX010

Thank you for the couple of people that shared config - I was at RSA yesterday and didn't get to try it, also found a note in the big Reddit thread on these Celestica's that the dynamic breakout command fails if you pass it options... Sure enough on current code dynamic breakout does work...
  3. S

Hack port.ini and config_db.json hasn't worked thus far. Have tried a few code releases - none of which seem to have working dynamic breakout. If anyone has working breakout and can share how they achieved it I'd be grateful.
  4. S

Hacking port_config.ini I think I need to replace 'Ethernet0 1,2,3,4 QSFP1 rs 1 100000' with 'Ethernet0 1 SFP+0 rs 10000' 'Ethernet1 1 SFP+1 rs 10000' 'Ethernet2 1 SFP+2 rs 10000'...
  5. S

Celestica DX010 100GbE switch w/ Intel Avoton C2358 CPU - AVR54 C0 stepping failure?

Resurrecting this - just bought one of these myself and very tempted to buy four plus spares to solve a customer issue where we can't get anything 100G new fast enough. Anyone got any further anecdotes on these failing?
  6. S

Has anyone loaded SONIC on a Mellanox SN2700 switch?

So if you manually hack the port.ini it works fine. I guess the template generation script is imperfect.
  7. S

Thanks for that - got further. Have one switch working. The other I can't get the correct interfaces into the configuration. I've checked the port.ini configuration for the SN2700-RO in the source preliminary DB. and doesn't seem to match whenever I push the following config. sudo...
  8. S

Does anyone have a Sonic build for the SN2700? It's frustrating Mellanox have gated this open source software behind their support portal.
  9. S

DELL SFP28 S5148F-ON || Need Help Finding: P/N of -- PSU & FAN

The service tag will tell them whether is was sold as AC or DC and which airflow direction - there's four possible parts. They should be able to figure out the P/N for AC is your preferred airflow direction just fine though. Just went through all this with a customer, but on 5048's and it did...
  10. S

DELL SFP28 S5148F-ON || Need Help Finding: P/N of -- PSU & FAN

I can't find it, but look through here and you may have more luck, https://www.dell.com/en-nz/work/shop/power-supplies/ar/8191?~ck=bt&sortBy=price-ascending I see 5048 and 5248 but not 5128.
  11. S

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

So before I pull the trigger on a pair of these for my lab - can someone config the SX1012 and SX6012 are the same thing right? Just Ethernet v Infiniband out of the box, and switchable anyhow.