Recent content by Sjhwilkes

1. S

Celestica Seastone DX010 - SONiC in L2 mode, need your help

Agreed, never been able to get the SFP+ port working either.
  2. S

Cheap switch 200/400GbE today equivalent of Celestica DX010 2 years ago

So if I can get hold of CX414A PCIe X8 ConnectX4 there's a way to flash them from 2 X 50 to 2 X 100?
  3. S

I'm a VCDX/vExpert so I get vSphere licensing for lab use for free. My hosts are Supermicro Twins, and I'm burning one of the two PCIe slots for an Intel Octane NVMe drive which is my vSAN cache layer, otherwise single port cards would be an option. I can see a handful of ConnectX4 for under...
  4. S

vSphere 8 messes this up for me, my Mellanox ConnectX3Pro aren't supported, newer Mellanox or Intel 40 or 100g cards are very expensive. I may go 25g instead though it feels a waste of the 100g Celestica switches, I don't think my hosts will exceed 50g anyhow.
  5. S

Sonic - MLAG & Management network issues

Yes the Seastone support is highly imperfect as it is - with the environmentals/LEDs only working on 202012 build and earlier. No easy to see what fixes are missing from that build. I had bad luck with memory leaks which cause crashes after 60 days on recent builds. Shame as this would be a...
  6. S

QSFP to SFP+ adapter for Brocade 6740T switch

Your screenshot is all 40 gig parts. You need a Brocade coded 10G SFP+ probably LR (single mode 1310nm) if at a datacenter, I'd suggest buying from fs.com. Then that would likely work with the adaptor you list.
  7. S

New 1.8 watt SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceivers?

With the proviso that I wish I'd just run single mode, I ran a 125M Cat7 from my closet out to my garage office, chopped the ends off and punched down into Cat 6 sockets, which then each have a 1M cat 6 patch into a SFP+ and am getting a solid 10G connection no issues. Must say I didn't expect...
  8. S

New 1.8 watt SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceivers?

I would ask FS.com all the above - they must be one of the largest 3rd party consumers of these parts and are usually very helpful. Are the 1.8w parts only for 30M range though? in many cases that's fine but I think that's how the lower watt SFP+ manage it.
  9. S

Are you building 202106 with ICCPD turned on yourself, or have you found anywhere with builds - how many DX010 do you have?
  10. S

Best solution for 10GbE on macbook pro

Unless you can stick a 10G-BaseT SFP+ in the other end, then the couple of copper based adaptors for $150 open up. I have two different ones from OWC, which both work fine.
  11. S

Tried a couple of different builds of 2205. There must be working builds out there, including the LEDs fans and stuff, but with a new build every day on each release train it's impossible to pick one and test. It's both interesting and terrifying to see all the issues and merges in Github -...
  12. S

No because have a dozen Brocade switches hanging off two pairs of these in the design - without MLAG we're currently running with just a LAG from each Brocade into a single DX010, and a LAG between the two live ones. But yes did thing about rebuilding it as VXLAN - just doesn't solve the issue...
  13. S

Using several Celestica DX010 as in interim platform until Arista/Mellanox/Dell/Cisco can actually deliver anything. Mostly working well, this is a layer 2 config only, remaining issues are MLAG, for which a dev at Broadcom is working on a fix, and intermittent management. I suspect the...
  14. S

SONIC switch and 100G-CWDM4 modules

Do you get anything from: 'show interface transceiver eeprom Ethernet4 -d' 'sudo sfputil show eeprom -p Ethernet4 --dom' (switch Ethernet4 for whichever your QSFP is in)
  15. S

Port breakout on Sonic - specifically Celestica DX010

Thank you for the couple of people that shared config - I was at RSA yesterday and didn't get to try it, also found a note in the big Reddit thread on these Celestica's that the dynamic breakout command fails if you pass it options... Sure enough on current code dynamic breakout does work...