Recent content by Sinister Crayon

1. S

Sandisk Lightning power modes

I've got a couple of these in my ZFS. They're not really designed to be put to sleep or low power modes and frankly are pretty old. These were commonly used as OEM equipment in Dell storage arrays particularly Compellent SC4020 arrays as large read-intensive drives, usually in a hybrid...
  2. S

Taming the C6100

Wanted to add a bit of an update for everyone. I have confirmed that one of the Evercool fans is actually broken... it's working (spinning) but seems that it's not reporting any PWM information back. As a result, I've RMA'd it... hopefully should get my replacement next week or so. Also, I...
  3. S

Taming the C6100

Right... that's the PIC16 board, the PIC18 FCB is quite different. Still hackable but more complicated. :) So yeah, for anyone with the older systems like me the adapters work like a champ with a little modding. Good thoughts... yeah I'll probably do some hunting around when I have some time...
  4. S

Taming the C6100

So I don't know how many C6100's are still in lab use, but I just turned my 4 year old C6100 into my new homelab system a couple of weeks ago and needed to quieten it down a bit. It's an improvement over my older lab... Anyway, to that end and thanks to this thread I purchased the Evercool...