Recent content by simbo

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thanks champs Craig Curtin and fohdeesha
  2. S

Ok...by creating a VLAN with no VE and then putting the port in the VLAN I can now assign an IP to that interface. SH@sw-core(config-if-e1000-1/1/3)#no vlan 250 SSH@sw-core(config-if-e1000-1/1/3)# SSH@sw-core(config-if-e1000-1/1/3)# SSH@sw-core(config-if-e1000-1/1/3)#no ve 250...
  3. S

Yeah that works. I can ping the VE 10.0.0.6 ok. But I can't ping the firewall that's sitting on the other side of 1/1/3 on 10.0.0.5 when using a VE SSH@sw-core#show ip route Total number of IP routes: 32 Type Codes - B:BGP D:Connected O:OSPF R:RIP S:Static; Cost - Dist/Metric BGP Codes -...
  4. S

SSH@sw-core(config)#vlan 250 name VLAN-CORE-FW by port SSH@sw-core(config-vlan-250)# untagged ethe 1/1/3 Added untagged port(s) ethe 1/1/3 to port-vlan 250. SSH@sw-core(config-vlan-250)# router-interface ve 250 SSH@sw-core(config-vlan-250)#! SSH@sw-core(config-vlan-250)#...
  5. S

Thanks that was stupid of me. I've removed the mirror port and it's still not allowing me to add an IP addr. For the sake of testing, here's another port 1/1/19 that's unused. SSH@sw-core(config)#show int ethe 1/1/19 GigabitEthernet1/1/19 is down, line protocol is down Port down for 9...
  6. S

SSH@switch-garage-rack-2>show ip int Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol VRF Eth mgmt1 172.16.0.13 YES NVRAM up up default-vrf SSH@switch-garage-rack-2>show int ve 1 Error - ve 1 was not configured There's...
  7. S

Thanks for the info re the Advanced license. Hmm.....No VLAN on the port (other than VLAN 1). Here's the interface info: #show int e 1/1/3 GigabitEthernet1/1/3 is up, line protocol is up Port up for 2 hour(s) 24 minute(s) 13 second(s) Hardware is GigabitEthernet, address is...
  8. S

I'm having a problem with L3 features on a 6610. I can't add an IP to an ethernet interface. Not sure if it's a licensing problem. Do I need a ICX6610-PREM-LIC-SW? I followed Fohdeesha guides when I originally set this up. Apologies if the ICX6610-PREM-LIC-SW license is mentioned in the...
  9. S

OK.....I reset the speed-duplex to auto and did a cold boot and the interfaces came up as 10G; i.e. working.
  10. S

Got a small problem where I can't get the 10GB breakout interfaces to come up. I'm trying to brake out the 40GB to 10GB LCs using some FS.com gear. I've followed the setup guide for removing the ports from the stack. To get the 10G LCs on the front of the rack, I've purchased the following...