Recent content by shremi

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yeah i know still rocking my 6450 @ home , but since it will be managed for someone else they do prefer a webui , the main reason was because they need a lot of ports for POE (phones and cameras) Edit : i ended up using the tftp system-manifest command to update this 2 switches Anyone knows...
  2. S

I think its easier to just make your own cable with a keystone and a spare USB cable. Anyways for the guys with the ICX7250s how can i upgrade to the v9 firmware ? I want a pretty webui since someone else is going to manage those switches.
  3. S

Hello guys so i need a little help flashing my new switches . a couple of 7250s I am using the same cable that i used to flash the 6450s a couple of years ago . I have connected to the management port and used putty to connect , however i get no signs of connection . The lights on the port...
  4. S

I did replace the fans on my 6450 with 120mm fans on top of the lid , now this switch is dead silent , i might get some 7250s in a few weeks and try this method on them.
  5. S

Yeah you need to enable poe manually.... At least that's how it was for me
  6. S

Hey guys i am a noob when it comes to switches and i am still learning maybe its very stupid but can someone help me with setting up some basic ACL: Here is the setup Russound Amp vlan 40 with an ip of 10.0.40.40 Home Assistant with 10.0.0.40 on the main Vlan Pfsense router with 10.0.0.1 on...
  7. S

Hey guys newbie here. Thanks to this amazing thread and everyone here i saved almost a grand and instead of buying the Ubiquity 48 Pro Switch i went with the 6450-48p I still have a long time before the switch comes here and i am starting to think of how i am going to quiet this baby. Has...