Recent content by shant

1. S

Designing a house with networking in mind

Well noted, the dedicated power is a must, thank you.
  2. S

I will let the architect know of the cooling and noise issue, maybe we can install soundproofing and have some kind of airflow through there, with keeping dust in mind. If i pulled fiber and LC/LC jacks in the rooms, how would I get that to work over ethernet without spending a lot of money or...
  3. S

-IS the pull string to pull cables in the future? wouldn't that remove the string if I pulled a new cable through it? I guess I can pull a new string with the new cable. -The drop location idea is very useful thank you. -I checked the switch prices and 10gbit ethernet switch prices are crazy...
  4. S

Good info, thank you. I was looking into 10gbit but it seems that if i run fiber over the house then how would i convert that into rj45 ethernet sockets to each room? sounds like it would be costly. Any idea where would a network closet be optimal in a house?
  5. S

Hi, new user here. I wanted to take the opinions of experienced people, we are about to design a house to build but the electrical engineers in the country we want to build in don't regularly design the wiring with networking in mind. Can you all give me a summary of essential things to have...