Recent content by Shadowsong

1. S

Asrock X570D4U-2L2T Build

The front 3 fans are intakes and the rear 60mm and CPU fan will act as exhausts. After doing some testing it's what I found to be the best setup, the right hand side fan mainly assists in providing some cross flow towards the M2 Drives and X570. I meant the built in fan with the Dynatron, not...
  2. S

@zbyte if your interested here is my setup with the 5950X in 2U. Noctua across the board with fans, but I’ve left the built in Dynatron one so far as it’s pretty quiet. Have the option to use 2x 60mm Noctua in push pull if needed. I also went on the side of caution and got a small fan for the...
  3. S

Quick update, all 128GB is running at the correct speed and the timings (on auto) do line up with the rated 22-22-22 so all looks good. Got a final extended mem check running to make 100% sure!
  4. S

Nope mine did not, however I have just been doing some more testing and now have the Memory and Infinity Fabric clock speed set at 1600Mhz and all seems well. I think I must have stupidly set it to 3200Mhz or something when I quickly tested before, not accounting for the DDR. Next I will need...
  5. S

Did you have to do anything to get the memory to run at those speeds or did they run like that by default? Mine certainly didn't so trying to understand if I need to manually set the frequency/timings and if so in which areas of the BIOS etc....wish they had XMP profile equivalents! Yea i...
  6. S

It's running at 2666 currently
  7. S

@ramblinreck47 I have 128GB for each server of that exact Kingston memory from the QVL. Just wasn't super obviously when I briefly looked earlier at what I need to change to get it to run at the rated speed. I am also using the beta BIOS so I guess that could play a part with possible issues...
  8. S

First 5950X has arrived and has been fitted, all seems to be working well and pretty reasonable thermals considering it's 2U! @EffrafaxOfWug Quick questions about the memory on your X470 board, what BIOS settings did you need to change to get it to run above the default DDR4 rates? Did you have...
  9. S

Small update, switched out the M.2 drives from Samsung 980 Pro to WD Black SN850's as their performance is far better in most workloads. Also for those interested, ASRock Rack have released a beta BIOS for Ryzen 5000 support on this board. Obviously use at your own risk. ASRock Rack > X570D4U-2L2T
  10. S

The servers will be hosted locally in my small rack cabinet, i'm fortunate enough to have FTTP so have a dedicated line for my servers and things. They will primarily be hosting Ark Survival Evolved, but will likely be other games too depending on what my community wants to play. That's good...
  11. S

Thanks for the link, useful discussion to read through. I’m hope that to be the case with the thermals, doing as much as possible in the case to ensure good airflow. On the memory front I’ve gone with the ECC 3200mhz from the QVL, it’s not a massive requirement for my workload but it can...
  12. S

Yea that's a shame about the 16MB BIOS ROM on the X470D4U but it might be they will try to make it work hence the delay. I know with the EPYC processors at least (7002) series it had a hard limit so needed the 32MB BIOS. Is your X470D4U in a rack? Curious to know what cooling people use in 1...
  13. S

Yea it's a very well spec'd board, I picked up 3 for £425 each here in the UK. No need for a GPU, game servers don't require it. The specific game i'm hosting needs high clocked cores, which the 5000 series will certainly manage. @EffrafaxOfWug - I've pre-ordered 3 x 5950X chips so will give...
  14. S

Wanted to share my work in progress server build, i'm making 3 x 2U High Performance Game Servers. Open to any feedback and ideas for further improvement/optimization. However some parts such as the Case, Motherboard and Memory i already have :) Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows...
  15. S

2U ATX PSU

Thanks that's useful info, will see how easy it is to pick one of those supermicro PSU's up in the UK. Would you recommend sticking with a server PSU then and not attempt a consumer one even if it's high end?