Recent content by Shadowsong

1. S

Asrock X570D4U-2L2T Build

You can use ECO mode to cap at 65w, but the option is a bit buggy as it doesn’t always show. For me I had to reset the BIOS to defaults then go back in to the AMD overclocking area and it was listed. But from my testing it still made huge voltages (same highs as stock) but the temps were a bit...
  2. S

Glad I’m not the only one, currently for my 3 servers the plan is to run a static clock at 4225Mhz and 1180mv set in the BIOS. Keeps It super responsive and runs significantly cooler! Could even run the 4.4Ghz and still be far cooler than stock with boost…. As for memory I run 32GB modules at...
  3. S

@t3k Did you end up seting your voltage/frequency in the BIOS in the end and if so what did you end up going with? Looks like I will need to do the same if I want a constant high frequency with sensible temps!
  4. S

Finally started testing on one of my servers, tried CRT and also tried Hydra both of which worked pretty well. Though Hydra definitely did a better job with the underclock as there is a nice preset for it. However while the tuning has given me some useful info on voltages for certain clock...
  5. S

Yea it's a version of ClockTuner dedicated for the 5000 series, though the normal CTR is also compatible of course :) I will let you know the results I get, just need to get my current workloads moved off one of the servers and then I will take it down and test this out!
  6. S

@t3k Not sure if you have looked into it yet, but I was also considering using Hydra which is the version of the tool dedicated to the 5000 series - HYDRA 1.0A PRO COMING SOON!!! | Yuri Bubliy on Patreon
  7. S

Thanks that video was ideal! Just checked the software and it seems to run fine on Server 2019 so I will get one of my servers upgraded and tuned, then test out the other 2 once i'm comfortable with the process. Looks very straight forward though, just needs the time to run the diagnostic to...
  8. S

@t3k Thanks for sharing the results, i've still yet to do mine as was waiting for the BIOS to come out of beta which it now is. Are those configurations provided by the software after the diagnostic or just what you put together for testing? I've followed Clocktuner for a long time but yet to...
  9. S

Sorry for the delay, if your still interested this is what I currently have 3 servers fan curve set to which is quiet enough for me. But I expect It could be pushed further. As for max temps, it varies a considerable amount depending on if I have the AC turned on and server load. Also going...
  10. S

No worries, glad it's working well. Yea I spent so much time looking at cooler options and configurations, but in the end I settled with the Dynatron A24 and it's built in fan in all 3 of my servers. I did consider push/pull and I can't remember for sure but I don't think it would fit without...
  11. S

Thanks for testing, that's really useful to know. It is a shame though that things don't seem to play nicely with the board, it sounds like it maybe a no go for us but I think a retry once Agesa 1.2.0.0 makes it to us along with (hopefully) a more up to date BIOS with additional options may give...
  12. S

Yep, it's under the overclocking settings and then the DRAM speed. Needs to be set to 1600Mhz. Also recommended to do the Infinity Fabric to the same frequency as they should be in sync.
  13. S

Ah ok no worries, will give it a try myself when I can! I don't want to OC or anything, primarily want the undervolting both for power and heat reduction.
  14. S

@zbyte No problem, glad it's all working! Your not planning to try ClockTuner by chance? :)
  15. S

Has anyone tried running ClockTuner v2.0 for Ryzen on this board yet with a 5000 series? I would be all over it myself, but unfortunately my servers are now in full use so I can't easily try it, but I see no reason why it would not work assuming all of the pre-req BIOS settings can be...