Recent content by SGS

1. S

EXPIRED Intel Optane P4800X 750GB HHHL AIC

Why is my the invoice for my Lithuanian purchase from Ebay UK then? There seems be some blindness to cited facts, including how Ebay are, according to EU legislation, the "Deemed supplier" for "Distance sales of goods imported to the EU with a value not exceeding EUR 150" And from the first...
  2. S

I think GSP is a distraction in this discussion. I've only ever had it hoisted on me in Ebay US listings and it seems like a profit-maker for Pitney Bowes. Possibly the reason for all the confusion / incorrect assumptions is that the legislation is quite new and appeared simultaneously in the...
  3. S

Neither the company in Lithunia nor the company that sold the Optanes charged any VAT at all. Ebay did. The price we see items for on Ebay UK includes that charge. These are used goods and they don't always attract VAT, even if the seller is VAT registered I'll drop another couple of citations...
  4. S

:cool: We're going seriously off-topic here but NVM. This is an item i bought from Lithuania the other day - a country with a VAT rate of 21%. As you can see from the invoice I was charged 20% by Ebay under their UK VAT number - it's UK VAT, mandated by our government. This invoice allows me...
  5. S

I run a VAT registered company in the UK and I'm familiar with how it all works. EU buyers pay an extra 20% because of Ebay, not because of the seller, as per the authentic ebay article I linked to earlier. The price I paid in the UK was the listing price which I think was your original...
  6. S

Bought 2 of these and they are good for the money. Both with 4.5years power-on time and 2PB written (~5% of their lifetime rated writes). Interestingly, Intel MAS rates them at 74% though. I didn't get charged VAT and they didn't supply a VAT invoice but they didn't list a VAT number on their...
  7. S

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

This mlnxos package is much more interesting than most: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-93f9ad4836824db99c8d873d67 It's almost twice the size of the next minor revision: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_d1de61e844b24f34b2ab2818c2 The...
  8. S

These scripts might come in handy later on ;) emc_to_6012() { dd if=/dev/zero bs=16 count=256 of="$2" 2> /dev/null dd if="$1" bs=16 count=12 of="$2" conv=notrunc 2> /dev/null dd if="$1" bs=16 count=5 of="$2" skip=12 seek=14 conv=notrunc 2> /dev/null printf "\x20" | dd of="$2" bs=1...
  9. S

EU WTB: Mellanox 40GbE Switch

Which one are you looking for?
  10. S

HGST SAS 3.2TB SSD HUSMR3232ASS200 $199.95

The 200 is the Instant Secure Erase model and 201 is TGC
  11. S

Try this syntax: mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string {module_name} fan_number int8 {fan_number} fan_speed int8 {fan_speed} set_max uint8 {max_speed} example: mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/MGMT/FAN1" fan_number int8 1...
  12. S

That's a good question I don't know the answer to. I don't think it can be 8% above minimum because there's no definition for minimum psu fan speed in the tc tables
  13. S

These bytes in hwd and health I posted in #595: 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 1E 00 00 00 08 00 00 32 C8 00 00 00 00 00 00 32 C8 Map to: .long 8 # chassis_fan_speed (%) .long 0x1E # spine_fan_speed .long 8 # ps_fan_speed (%) .long 0x32C8 #...
  14. S

I don't. It would be easy to do with something like Python
  15. S

@Necrotyr in tc, there is a 1232 byte array of tables starting with the bytes 10 17 F1 80 repeated 3 times, containing 22, 56 byte tables within each table, the 27th byte (zero indexed) represents the min chassis fan speed and the 31st the min spline fan speed. if you change the 27th byte in...