Recent content by Setarcos

1. S

Disappearing M.2 NVMe on Supermicro X11SSH-CTF

That is interesting. I had adjusted the fan speed thresholds for my four fans with ipmiutil and no longer get any errors (BMC logs were cleared after tuning), but don't currently have a fan attached to FANA. I'll have to give that a try and see if it behaves any differently with the M.2 slot on...
  2. S

Nope, the M.2 slot works fine, but I need to hit Delete during POST to open the BIOS settings, change something (anything) and then F4 to Save and Exit after powering the server up to get the NVMe attached to the M.2 slot to show up. Once I have done so, the M.2 connected NVMe remains visible...
  3. S

The PCIe switch card worked a treat for both of my NVMes, so I was able to work around the issue with the motherboard's M.2 slot. I reported this to Supermicro, but it is unlikely that they will pursue a fix as this use case is 'out of spec'.
  4. S

I reached out to Supermicro and unfortunately they haven't been of much help on this (only Supermicro qualified M.2 2260 NVMes are supported, yada yada). I ordered an x8 PCIe switch card and will give it a try next week when it arrives.
  5. S

Yes, this is the current setting I am using. I have tried with both the default of vendor defined and AMI native with the same results.
  6. S

Hi folks, I have run into an odd issue with a new Supermicro X11SSH-CTF based server that I have started putting together that I could use some suggestions on how to resolve. Any NVMe SSD that I connect to the M.2 connector on the motherboard is only visible (in the BIOS boot menu and after the...