Recent content by Servergeek

1. S

Cisco Nexus 5548P - Quieter Fan Mod?

Sorry to bump this again, but I apparently have a little information to share with people buying these switches. They came with 4 revisions of the fan modules (at least) Mine had a Revision 1 and a Revision 3 module, the Revision 1 modules are about twice as loud as the Revision 3 modules, and...
  2. S

IBM/Lenovo RackSwitch G8264 - Info on These Switches?

I've seen a couple of these on Ebay used for reasonable prices, was wondering if anyone knew anything about them, or if they were worth messing with. Here is the Lenovo Spec sheet in case anyone is wondering: Lenovo They are 48port sfp+ with 4 40g ports which is nice, they seem to be quiet-ish...
  3. S

ServeRaid M5210 - Unsupported SAS Drives?

So yeah they were formatted for 520, was able to plug one into my X9DR3 HBA and am currently formatting it right now. Thanks for the help. Edit: Also, they now are being recognized by my X3650.
  4. S

So sorry it took me so long to respond, just had the time to test it now, but I tried attaching them to a Supermicro SAS2-H8IR raid card, and they show up as unconfigured good, so I tried creating an array, either individual drives or in a raid 1, but every time it gets to creating the array and...
  5. S

They are HGST 600gb 6gb/s sas drives, don't know if they are 520 byte sectors. I tried a different raid card, turns out it is the backplane refusing to work with them for some reason. I bought 20 of them for a good deal used so not sure what to do with them now.
  6. S

So I have a Lenovo X3650 m5 that I bought some 600gb 10k HSGT SAS drives for, however it says that they are "unsupported" and refuses to allow me to initialize them. The M5210 is based on an Avago LSI 3108 card, so not sure why it doesn't work with 6GB/s SAS drives. Is there a way around this...
  7. S

Cisco Nexus 5548P - Quieter Fan Mod?

Kinda a bump, still haven't tried the mod yet but was wondering if anyone knows what the pinout might be for the fans. They are delta fans but have a 8 wire connector for each fan set. Is there anyone who might know what the pinout could be, or how could you figure it out? Also will those...
  8. S

X10DRI - Saying DIMMs are failing?

Yep, so it ended up being that the bios wasnt updated. My E5-2630v3s got here today, put one in and it booted up. Currently trying to update bios but to do it through IPMI it wants me to activate the board for some reason. Guess I will just do it through FreeDOS.
  9. S

Supermicro 6027 X9 Servers - Are X10 Nodes Compatible?

I was more curious because I have a bunch of 2011 stuff and wasn't entirely ready to go full into 2011-3 and DDR4 yet, so I wanted to see if it was possible to mix the blades. So there's a separate power board too? I thought all they had was a backplane that plugs into the SAS board which is the...
  10. S

Mine just shows the boot splash and then says that the dimms are failing, and freezes there. It has quick boot enabled so it doesnt show the ip.
  11. S

Supermicro 6027 X9 Servers - Are X10 Nodes Compatible?

I was wondering if it is possible to put X10 nodes in a Supermicro 6027 server that has X9 nodes. As long as they are similar can you pop the X10 nodes in? Or are they wired differently from the X9 nodes? These are the 4 node 2u chassis from Supermicro. Was looking at these servers to run a...
  12. S

I have a pair of E5-2630v3s coming, so I can update the bios that way. It sucks not having extra ram or CPUs around to test stuff. All I have is previous gen stuff, Socket 2011 Xeons and DDR3 ram. Yes it's 2Rx4 16gb Micron Dimms. They are PC4-2133P.
  13. S

So I'm not seeing any sort of ARP request from the ipmi on the board, nothing shows up on a packet capture using wireshark. So it must have a static IP set but IDK how I even go about finding what it is. So is this likely an issue because I have v4 processors and probably don't have the latest...
  14. S

Can ask seller. Is there a way to reset impi network config without getting into bios?
  15. S

Can try, not sure if its got a static ip or not tho, and no way to reset password