Recent content by serveitup

1. S

SuperMicro 936 PSU and PDB upgrade

I was also a bit short on research before buying the new PSU's. I dialed in on the SQ series and was focused on nabbing them. I paid 92.50 per PSU, so more than double the 700 price. Although I am looking at the long term, this system will get more hungry CPU's, more ram, a RAID controller...
  2. S

Looking at it, if I had wanted to make the case permanently converted to the new PDB, I could have broke out the tabs, and put new holes in the case itself to use the downward hanging screw receiving holes on the PDB. Of course that would involve removing the mainboard for safe keeping. In...
  3. S

I will try to post photos of the job First step was removing the existing PDB, three screws on top and it slid up and out. It was pretty tightly fit in there. Without a measurement tool, the four screw holes look like they will fit just fine to cross the electronics over to the other metal...
  4. S

Some history, and since it is my first post it seems relevant. I have had systems in my house, no less than 6 typically, and a few of them hold many drives internally, but the wiring and maintenance is a drag and even the case that are designed for this only work well until they are about...