Recent content by sergi0

1. S

Brocade 6450 multiple lan rooting

Hi, I recently upgrade my home switch from a 16 ports netgear GS116E with a Brocade 6450 24 ports. Everything was directly plugged in the switch. I have a simple architecture : a network 192.168.1.x used by default between the ISP modem (Freebox server) and the ISP IPTV box (Freebox player)...
  2. S

UK (UK) Need a 12U cabinet!

Get well Jimmy! I have a little bit over 60kg in my HEJNE rack and it holds strongly.
  3. S

EU Some Brocade switches (ICX 6610 etc)

Yes ! I am also thinking to get a 48 in order to be more future proof. Thermal dissipation won't be that much different so silent operation are possible.
  4. S

UK (UK) Need a 12U cabinet!

If you want something cheap and reliable, I advise HEJNE from IKEA ( HEJNE 1 section, pin, 78x50x171 cm - IKEA ). With additional parts, you can have almost every kind of setup. Between 2 height, 2U fits perfectly. To suits your need of 12U you just have to cut the 4 main feets (I did it to fit...
  5. S

X10SRL-F BIOS protected

Thanks ! I was not able to boot into anyting (probably a configuation from the previous owner), still I use the BOOT recovery mechanism from Supermicro. Now I am stuck again : the boot process is stoped at code 0x91 (DXE Intel Reference Code Execution). Supermicro advise a procedure (FAQ Entry...
  6. S

X10SRL-F BIOS protected

Hi, I got a X10SRL-F on eBay but upon testing it, the BIOS is password protected. I ask the seller but he doesn't have it. I try a couple of default one, but nothing so far. Is there a way to circumvent that or is sending it back the only solution ? Cheers, Serge
  7. S

Looking for a SFP+ network card (Win2019)

thanks for such a rapid answers ! I'll go with the supermicro, they are cheap and the power consumption will suits the airflow of the case.
  8. S

Looking for a SFP+ network card (Win2019)

Hi, I am looking for a 10gb network card with a SFP+ interface. I already have an Asus one with Aquantia chip, but I have some drop of connection regularly so I want to move on something more "server", like Chelsio or Intel. It needs to be 2U compatible, and ideally not too power hungry...
  9. S

FS: US - Lab Consolidation Sale

You missed my MP from the 23th ;)
  10. S

FS: 12 x 2TB 2.5" SSDs

Hi, What are the perf of those drives ? Any idea of the type of memory and endurance ? S.
  11. S

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F $229.90

I was the one who bought you the 2 boards (and you disclose every problems they had). I assume it was an overheating problems so I manage to have a new heatskink for the CPU (+ noctua 60mm fan) and a noctua 40mm fan on the ethernet chipset. Both fan runs at max speed but are inaudible in rack...
  12. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

With a new cable, everything worked fine. The right config for the serial cable is this one : DTE Pinouts RTS (1), DTR(2), TXD (3), GND (4), GND (5), RXD (6), DSR (7), CTS (8) S.
  13. S

thanks ! Looking at the pinout on the RJ45, mine wasn't the same ( DSD TECH Câble SH-RJ45P USB vers Console avec Puce PL2303RA pour commutateurs de routeurs Cisco 1.8M / 5.9FT: Amazon.fr: High-tech ), so that might explain why I did not see any prompt !
  14. S

I'll try another cable. Do you have a precise reference in mind ? Something I can order via Amazon and test quickly ? S.
  15. S

I have the same settings as the one in the HowTo (9600 8N1). I got the cable from Amazon by searching "Brocade serial cable". The model I got is referenced Prolific PL2303GT under Windows devices. It is this one : PL2303GT USB to RS232 Serial Bridge Controller (Built in RS232 XCVR) | Prolific...