Recent content by Scoobey

1. S

Happy Wife ->->-> Happy Home Labbing

Brief History I run a number of Ubiquiti network switches and access points all managed by a self hosted manager running in a VM. Behind an OPNsense router with multiple physical NICs and physical networks. Original setup: Internet-->ISPModem_10.0.0.x-->OPNsense-->Mutiple Home/LAB networks...
  2. S

Proxmox 8 and OpnSense routing issue

So I think i finally found the problem after reinstalling all systems...swapping out switches and NICS... Pretty sure it was a faulty network cable. It worked intermittently then would fail at random times. Replacing the cable also improved overall throughput on the PVT network and reduced CPU...
  3. S

OK so I took the same hardware used above and installed OpnSense on bare metal. Only have 2 hosts now on the PVT network .27 was the Proxmox server hosting the OpnSense VM. From the LAN I can still access the PVT .30 host but the PVT .28 host still does have connectivity.
  4. S

image1507×53 4.88 KB image1495×52 5.05 KB those are the only rules…it is really puzzling that I could connect to the hosts 10.20.20.28 and 10.20.20.27 hosts yesterday but now. The .27 host was decommissioned and a different host was added as .30 which is accessible from the 10.1.1.x network...
  5. S

After starting over it appeared that everything was working correctly. However after removing and adding hosts to the 10.20 network I am again unable to connect between the networks. Have an OpnSense VM running in Proxmox with PCI Passthrough for all NICs being used by OpnSense. WAN is...
  6. S

Reinstalled OpnSense from scratch after setting 4 Port NIC to Passthrough. Routing between networks now working.
  7. S

Have been using PFSense and OpnSense for years but only with a WAN and LAN. OpnSense is virtualized on a newly installed Proxmox 8 with the latest updates. 4 Port Intel NIC with a Linux Bridges setup for each port. Each bridge is assigned to the OpnSenseVM as a an ET1000 adapter and the...