Recent content by scobar

1. S

ESXi 8 boot from DOM/NVMe/USB/SATA ?

Did a SSD(500gb) for esxi volume/boot. Will probably be naughty, ignoring better practices and put a VM or two on that drive, too. :D
  2. S

18 TB WD easystore - $250 new

These are showing at 289 for me. Was there a coupon code to apply?
  3. S

[WTB][USA-IL] - 16GB DDR4-2400 2Rx8 ECC UDIMM

Remind me this time next week, I’ll have 16gb ecc sticks coming out which may fit the bill. Am currently out of town atm.
  4. S

FS: Dell PowerEdge R740/R640 Barebone Servers - DL380 G9 Servers - Dual 10Gb Port QLogic FastLinQ QL41162

OMG you're literally in my backyard. Must.Stop.Looking. The HP is of interest, but I do not need the ram or CPUs, but barebones with all drive caddies.
  5. S

48 Drive 4U Chassis: IBM Slicestor 3448 aka Chenbro RM43348

I am not using the mobo that came with it. I simply cannot get the chassis to power on in any capacity.
  6. S

I ended up putting this chassis in the scrap pile, could never get the damn thing to fire.
  7. S

Atom C2758 on borrowed time?

Clear CMOS and try again. If that does not work then flash bios and reset to defaults. I've had a handful of SM boards that seem to need extra steps to boot from USB or behave as one may expect. Once they are configured and running then they just run.
  8. S

I am having issues getting this chassis to power up. When I first gave it power, it was able to turn on, and the lights on the front lit up. The chassis started to beep then powered off. Since then, I cannot get the chassis to power up.
  9. S

So for the 2.5" bays out back. Was a little worried I would need to redneck* a spot for OS drive(s) but was able to find a caddie that fits. Could not find the PN for what the case should have and took a gamble...
  10. S

FS: Lab Cleanup

I see the thread title and think you gotten a hummer, which makes me jelly.
  11. S

SOLD 20x 8TB SATA hard drives (19 WD, 1x Seagate)

Hi I am waiting PM/communication from you as one of the drives was DOA. Totally happy to cover costs for RMA but I require a proof of purchase in order to register the product, then RMA. Please advise, if I do not hear from you by Monday then I will file a paypal claim to ensure this issue...
  12. S

Honestly, I don't think I would put it into production with multiple drives in this fashion. Loaded up I cannot imagine that much weight pressing down on the backplane would be good. Did order some of those optiplex caddies to mess with. Cannot find the OEM trays anywhere.
  13. S

OK so I got my chassis in yesterday. Today I was rummaging around spare parts/misc parts looking for something which could work to hold the drives within their slot. I had some stick on foam squares I came across which seem to keep the drives where they need to be. It's not pretty but does...
  14. S

I got one of these due in later this week and need something for drives.