Recent content by Scarlet

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on how much power ICX6450-24P (PoE models) draw when idle and with nothing but power connected. I tested three ICX6450-24P (using a Shelly Plus 1PM), and all three consistently reported the same values: 25 W power draw during boot (when the two fans run at full...
  2. S

EU FS: FiberStore SFP+ Modules Multimode (was: Brocade ICX6450-24P (3x) and ICX6450-48P (1x) PoE Switches)

Images of the SFP+ Transceivers Fiberstore, Brocade coded: Fiberstore, Mellanox coded Fiberstore, HP coded
  3. S

EU FS: FiberStore SFP+ Modules Multimode (was: Brocade ICX6450-24P (3x) and ICX6450-48P (1x) PoE Switches)

Images of ICX6450-24P, last image is in shipping box. Images of ICX6450-48P, last image is in shipping box.
  4. S

Added SFP+ modules and OM4/OM5 cables to the initial post. Will post picturees a.s.a.p.
  5. S

For Sale from my HomeLab: 3 x Brocade ICX6450-24P PoE Switches - each for 100 € + shipping SOLD 1 x Brocade ICX6450-48P PoE Switch - 125 € + shipping SOLD I have some brocade coded FiberStore multimode SFP+ modules (and OM4 cables) that I am also willing to sell. If you're interested in...
  6. S

Native VLAN Challenge - Ruckus AP & ESXi

Plug another network cable into your ESXi host that is connected to a port on your switch that has vlan 1 untagged. Alternatively use the DHCP Server on your ruckus unleashed APs :)
  7. S

Check your temperatures with "show chassis" to make sure the noctuas acutally keep the switch cool enough. The ASIC is running at full speed all the time and gets quite hot.
  8. S

It seems you don't have PoE (inline power) enabled on any port. This is what a port on my 6450-24p looks like when inline power is enabled, note the value set in the column "PD Class" Port Admin Oper ---Power(mWatts)--- PD Type PD Class Pri Fault/ State State Consumed...
  9. S

Which fiber should I install in a new building?

I did some more testing what components to use in the office where the MTP-12 fiber should end in a wallplate. I'm using components from GIRA that look the same as all other wallplates that will be installed in the house. The keystone insert that I got from a Logilink NK0030 fits well in a...
  10. S

You should be able to change the stacking configuration. This is how it looks on my 6450: On unit 2 I set the stack ports using SSH@ICX6450-24P Router switch-01(config)#stack unit 1 SSH@ICX6450-24P Router switch-01(config-unit-1)#stack-port 2/2/1 I would expect that something similar is...
  11. S

Do you need the management VLAN to be routed at all? If not you could just remove the ve and ip address from vlan 2 and the switch would not route anything to it. If you have only one physical link from your pfsense to the switch you could always define vlans on the pfsense box and use a...
  12. S

The copper runs are already done, all in conduit (mandatory for ethernet and coaxial cabling here), so I can rerun them if needed. I made the contractor use as few bends as possible and no sharp bends on the conduit so I actually have a chance of rerunning cables through the conduit. All rooms...
  13. S

How can this be incorrect? My contractor presented me a choice of cables, one was AWG 23 (labelled CAT.7) and one was AWG 22 (labelled CAT.7A). I chose the AWG 22 cable because larger diameter means less heat dissipation. I made this choice because I want to install PoE+ devices on some of the...