Recent content by sboesch

1. sboesch

How To Migrate Plex Media Server - Ubuntu 20.04.x

My media paths are NFS shares, I made sure they were mounted the same way as the old server prior to copying the metadata.
  2. sboesch

How To Migrate Plex Media Server - Ubuntu 20.04.x

This HOW TO assumes that you are using Ubuntu 20.04.x, the principles will remain the same regardless of your Operating System On your new Plex server, perform the following steps Install the Plex Signed Key: curl https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-keys/PlexSign.key | sudo apt-key add – Install...
  3. sboesch

Do you like watching paint dry?

It would be, but....
  4. sboesch

Do you like watching paint dry?

Because watching SQL Servers convert from VMware to Hyper-V is like watching paint dry. :rolleyes: 2 TB volumes take a bit to convert. Why did I volunteer for this? LOL
  5. sboesch

45Drives Storage Unit

This is for work.
  6. sboesch

45Drives Storage Unit

Got the disks installed, now for setting up the volumes.
  7. sboesch

45Drives Storage Unit

It is Cockpit.
  8. sboesch

45Drives Storage Unit

I too have been using FreeNAS and TrueNAS Core for a while now, I have been using Cockpit for a while as well, Houston is a re-skin of Cockpit, so I have no problem with it.
  9. sboesch

Where is everyone buying their NEW servers from?

I am in search complete FCLGA3647 XEON scalable silver and gold systems for compute, this is for a business, so parts and pieces won't work, I'm in search of new complete 1u/2u systems.
  10. sboesch

Where is everyone buying their NEW servers from?

I can't seem to get a new server within a reasonable timeline (30 days or less) from anywhere right now. I'm desperate now, am willing to go with whiteboxes. I'm looking for mostly compute for ESXi hosts.
  11. sboesch

45Drives Storage Unit

Over the last day I have ran benchmarks with TrueNAS Core, UIbuntu 20.04.3 LTS and Rocky Linux 8.4. It's interesting to me the variances in disk IO with the three different operating systems. Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS is the fastest with raw IO throughput using FIO, so I went with that. I tested with...
  12. sboesch

45Drives Storage Unit

I got a new toy today. 45Drives 45 bay storage unit. I am going to install and test Ubuntu 20.04 and Rocky Linux with their implementation of Cockpit called Houston as well as TrueNAS Core. This unit has 48x 6TiB Seagate Exos drives, 64GiB of RAM and a XEON Silver CPU, 2x Intel X710 NICS and 3x...
  13. sboesch

Struggling to get Proxmox booting via NVME on a SuperMicro server .. all help appreciated

I have pretty much the 12 bay server as you do, as well as two other Supermicro's for compute. I boot all of my Supermicro from Sata DOMs. I have 4 of these Innodisk SATADOM-SL 3ME4 64GB and they work great. They are MLC and reliable.