Recent content by samsp99

1. S

Refurb 1TB WD RE3 - $40 @ the egg

4th of july special. These are used enterprise drives, with many hours on them, but at that price may still be worth while for NAS use.
  2. S

Put your words about cheap SATA racks

How many disks are you wanting to handle? And at what kind of performance requirements? Without some kind of backplane, once you hit 6 or so devices, you start running out of sata ports, power connectors become more knockout prone and so reliability goes down. Are you planning on a raid card...
  3. S

replacement 8888elp battery

The backup battery for my LSI 8888elp packed in last night. Where is the best place to find a replacement at a reasonable price? I don't see many on ebay. LSI Logic 58-00010-02 Rev A
  4. S

Rackable 16bay JOBD SAS/SATA enclosures.

I was looking at the HP array's but was unclear on how the caddies work. They always seem to be integrated with the drives, so can you just get the trays and use standard sata drives. There was a carrier specific fiber channel unit that interesting. The bang for the buck seems really good for...
  5. S

Rackable 16bay JOBD SAS/SATA enclosures.

I recently purchased one together with an 8888elp for my home server. I wanted to be able to have a lot more storage than my case enabled, and using many drives internally was turning into spaghetti junction, and didn't seem very robust from a connector standpoint. I looked at the external...