Recent content by sadpanda

1. S

Aruba 7.4.x S2500 ACL config

TL/DR am I heading in the right direction here: assuming vlan 10 is 192.168.10.x vlan 20 is 192.168.20.x etc (host) (config) #ip access-list stateless VLAN10 (host) (config-stateless-VLAN10) #network 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 any any permit Then to apply I guess would be an RVI egress...
  2. S

Aruba S2500 vlan, jumbo frames and router on stick questions

ok learned a lot the past few days. Thanks for not flaming me re:mtu Seems defaulting to standard MTU is the norm for switches as soon as vlan is enabled to prevent drops/rejects Also learned this switch automatically allows all intervlan traffic once a vlan device is created so ACL rules for...
  3. S

Aruba S2500 vlan, jumbo frames and router on stick questions

I am in the process of transitioning to this switch and have a few questions. I have converted stack ports to regular ports, set all interfaces to mtu 9216, setup vlans and assigned ports. Aside from answers to questions below, is this good to go or do I need to apply profiles? RE: Jumbo...
  4. S

ISP > Switch > firewall aka wan breakout?

Just read more about prefix delegation which led to reading about prefix changes by ISP causing pain... I've got a better grasp on whats going on now. Thanks!
  5. S

Thanks for replies. I too did some more digging - more or less what you all have said. https://www.thegeekpub.com/5688/ethernet-switch-between-the-ont-and-the-router-fios/ Multi-WAN on a Stick Mirroring works by copying packets but I think its a one way street. If not, outgoing data...
  6. S

ISP provides one IP address / single port on modem. Adding a switch upstream of firewall seems handy for testing ISP connection, playing around without disturbing main network etc From my searching this is common practice (failover/two ISP/HA) but I'm not finding any guides and I'm curious...
  7. S

Will this work or am I being dumb?

no wire guard, server IPs change, certificates expire
  8. S

And I responded to all of you but its pending mod review triggered by editing the post....
  9. S

The main issue I'm having now is I have no clue what the hell is going on with the networking on proxmox ubuntu CT https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve-network-not-configurable.92879/ I think maybe just set ostype to unmanaged ...
  10. S

Sorry for delay. I transitioned from store bought routers with wrt to a dedicated pfsense box last year. After the initial setup, nothing ever changed. The only time I borked anything was related to vpn setup. The goal is to get things 'set' and and leave it alone instead of tinkering. My...
  11. S

After lurking here and elsewhere for a while I've decided to pull the trigger and do a home network overhaul with a sprinkling of 10g. Main equipment is Aruba S2500, SMC 8708L2, Netgear GS108Ts and an underused pfSense box from old setup, Mellanox cards Some things I have been considering...