Recent content by rz76

1. R

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

Thank you for confirming, I'll proceed. Just out of curiosity, when you say the offset is correct, what does that mean exactly? How could I confirm that by looking at these two different output examples?
  2. R

When following the Brokeaid guide I ran the memory read command and I got the following output which is not an "exact" match to the example provided. Very similar but, not exact. fff80000: 27051956 552d426f 6f742032 3030392e '..VU-Boot 2009. fff80010: 30362028 4a756e20 32332032 30313020...
  3. R

I received and installed the RAM module today and the switch is booting up properly now. U-Boot log below. U-Boot 2009.06 (Jun 23 2010 - 16:22:08) CPU: 8541, Version: 1.1, (0x80720011) Core: E500, Version: 2.0, (0x80200020) Clock Configuration: CPU0:825 MHz, CCB:330 MHz...
  4. R

I'm just trying to make the most of the hardware I have available for my home lab but, now I kind of have my heart set on 10gbe network transfer speeds. If for some reason if can't get the LB6M working reliably, I was wondering what the most cost effective options might be with similar features...
  5. R

I'm watching one on eBay, currently at $140.00. I appreciate the URLs! I know this switch is pretty old. The goal is to repair/recover it for the minimum investment and incorporate it into my lab if possible. Just out of curiosity, if I was to look into a newer replacement as suggested, what...
  6. R

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm 90% sure he put Brocade on this switch at some point. One day I was helping the IT guy troubleshoot the the network problems we were having and I noticed that only a few lights on the switch were on, none of the SFP ports were lighting up. When I mentioned it...
  7. R

Hello, About 2 years ago the company I work for replaced a Quanta LB6M in their rack that had "died" according to the IT guy. I'm pretty sure that the IT had installed the brocade firmware on this switch, so I figured maybe he made an error at some point that he couldn't fix. I took the switch...