Recent content by Rychek

1. R

THE CHIA FARM

I'm just chugging along with 52 TiB on Space Pool. Not super profitable, but the power would be used regardless, so I'm happy to get something for it.
  2. R

Heatsink for 4U EPYC Build - Noctua NH-U9 TR4-SP3 vs. Supermicro SNK-P0064AP4

I'm running the Noctua NH-U9 TRX-SP3 in my EPYC build using a 7272 and Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T. Current role is a crypto miner, so all cores are running full out all the time in addition to two graphics cards. According to HardwareInfo, my CPU is sitting at 60 degrees C (current temp and max...
  3. R

THE CHIA FARM

Core-pool is a pooling alternative to hpool. Core-pool does not require your mnemonic either. You create an account on their page, create a farmer and farmer key that you put into their companion farming app that runs along side the main Chia app. You put your wallet address in their app as...
  4. R

ROMED8-2T Front Panel Header pins inaccessible

I ended up installing the wires then mounting the motherboard. Not my favorite solution but it was cost effective and worked.
  5. R

That is the right idea, but much too large/deep. The header pins end a mm or three before the edge of the board and the board edge sits against the wall of the case. It is an odd arrangement for a board intended for a server case IMO.
  6. R

I have an Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T and I really like this board. I put it in a 4U Chenbro case and quickly noticed that the front panel header pins (and the AUX header pins) all point toward the side of the board instead of up. This makes connecting the power button and other LED indicators quite...
  7. R

Post your mining rigs

This is my "hobby farm": Plotter Specs (and Etherium miner): Motherboard: Asrock Rack RomeD8-2T Chassis: Chenbro RM42300-F CPU: EPYC 7272 RAM Kingston DDR4 3200 Registered ECC 128 GB OS: Windows 10 OS drive: Kingston DC1000B HDD: Assortment of drives ranging from 5400 RPM HDDs to SATA SSDs...
  8. R

THE CHIA FARM

On average you might be able to recoup your HDD cost in a month's time, but without pooling (or joining an unoffocial pool like hpool) you get nothing until you win a block. Unless you are extremely lucky, you won't be getting a block in a month with a single HDD at current drive capacities and...
  9. R

Building & Wiring New House

Between adding a addition onto my house and building an office space/visitors abode in my shop (both self wired), I can tell you this: if you think you need one drop/port, put in two! One thing to consider on the AP upstairs: just because the AP can push a usable signal to a device downstairs...
  10. R

troubleshooting power(?) issue with ROMED8-2T

That should work as a troubleshooting step. That would allow you to rule out the PSU at least. Just to clarify, when you say "hit the power button" do you mean the chassis power button? If so, how long are you waiting from applying power to the system to pushing the power button? Keep in...
  11. R

troubleshooting power(?) issue with ROMED8-2T

I'm using a SeaSonic SS-750KM3 750W in my recent ROMED8-2T build and I have the same PSU Error message in the Power Source info page. However, my systems worked just fine (I had to remove the RAM for return, so I can't power it on ATM). Do you have another PSU you can try?
  12. R

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

I ran into this issue two nights ago on my home server. I thought I had killed my X9SCM-F while trying to install ESXi. After muddling around and multiple CMOS clears, I put everything back to way it was before I started tinkering until the final parts for my new server arrive later this week...