Recent content by rubylaser

1. rubylaser

How do I classify pictures and images stored on my homeserver?

First, verify if it's running. docker ps -a If nothing is running, which is very likely, you will want to edit the docker-compose.yml. Change into the directory that contains your docker-compose.yml and edit it. You will want to uncomment the restart line under the photoprism service (remove...
  2. rubylaser

MergerFS mounted folder no permission on Ubuntu 22.04

I'm having a difficult time fully understanding your issue, so I'm just going to ask a few more questions. mount -a doesn't change permissions, it literally just mounts the directories you have in /etc/fstab. If you unmount your mergerfs pool (umount /pool). What are the permissions of that...
  3. rubylaser

Thanks! That's some good info to get started. After reviewing your message, this doesn't look like a permissions error since the disks have mix of 775 and 777 permissions. So, the first thing you will want to do is update your version of mergerfs. The one in the repository is very old (came...
  4. rubylaser

Hello, I'm running mergerfs on Ubuntu 22.04 without issue. This definitely sounds like permissions issue. Could you please share the contents of your /etc/fstab and the permissions of each of your disks' mountpoints. If your disks are mount at /disks/data you'd do the following. sudo -i cat...
  5. rubylaser

Tiered DRBD/LVM RAID6 won't mount/activate

I don't have a QNAP NAS, so take this with a graing of salt. /dev/mdXXX references are to mdadm raid arrays. You view them like this... cat /proc/mdstat That should show you all of the RAID arrays that it can see. You can also take a look at more details on the array(s). mdadm --detail...
  6. rubylaser

PMS 4.0...PMS 5.0...PMS 6.0...No PMS 7.0! Plex/Storage server upgrade [PICS]

Do you mean the UnRAID specific distro doesn't support it yet? Because, Nvidia GPU decoding does work in Plex docker containers in Ubuntu and other distros right now. How to setup Nvidia HW acceleration in Ubuntu Docker? How to correctly install nvidia-docker2 on Ubuntu 16.04LTS...
  7. rubylaser

sas drives wont spin up

As mentioned above, you probably need to tape over pin #3. Here's how I did this in my server. HGST 7K6000 Not Spinning Up (Not Working) – Zack Reed – Design and Coding
  8. rubylaser

UnRAID Plex and File Server Build

You will need to provide a proposed budget, number of disks, and size of those disks (2.5" or 3.5") you be using to help people narrow down their suggestions :)
  9. rubylaser

eBay - 10 % off coupon on all tech for a $50+ order, max $100 off

Thanks! It just worked great for me :)
  10. rubylaser

Storage Server and JBOD

You want to fail, and then replace the disk. Besides SnapRAID tutorials, I have a bunch of tutorials about mdadm on my site as well (I used it for years before I switched to using either ZFS or SnapRAID + mergerfs). This shows how to replace all the disks, but the idea is the same. mdadm...
  11. rubylaser

Storage Server and JBOD

Yes you can [emoji3] Each disk will have its own file system and can be mounted with or without being a part of the pool. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. rubylaser

Storage Server and JBOD

No the disks do not need to be empty. MergerFS will just pool all the disks and present them as one solidified mount point (you will not lose data doing this). I would suggest using SnapRAID along get with it so that losing a disk does not cause you to lose all the data that was on it. Sent...
  13. rubylaser

Storage Server and JBOD

I love MergerFS along with SnapRAID. I have been using SnapRAID plus a pooling solution for years. It is a great build media storage solution. If you are interested in seeing how I set things up, I have a write up in my site. Setting up SnapRAID on Ubuntu to Create a Flexible Home Media...