Recent content by rtech

1. R

EU SVK | WTB -3x- HDDs 1/2/3 TB

Type does not matter i have small zoo of disks already... Exception is above ^^^^^
  2. R

EU SVK | WTB -3x- HDDs 1/2/3 TB

Want to get 3 hard drives for some SAN experiments - SATA only - SMART okay - 1/2/3 TB capacity - can be one each size - cheap as possible as these will be just for experiments - no Barracuda WD Green Toshiba X trash
  3. R

SAS Adapter Question

Since you are searching for SFF-8087 which is SAS2 why dont you just SAS card with SFF-8088 its like 25 USD Or you can get SFF-8087 to SFF-8088 cable These adapters above will work though they will make things bit more complex More components more things to fail plus you will have to be wary of...
  4. R

Supermicro X12SCA-F having issues with 4 memory slots populated

Can you move around to different pcie slots? What is the BIOS version is it newest?
  5. R

Connect ChenBro drive unit to ASROCK Rack motherboard??? 8x SFF-8644 ?!

The other ports are there for redundancy or for cluster "fenced" storage. Do you have just one server to connect? If yes you just need one card.
  6. R

Brief search tells me above suggested 9500-8e costs around 300 USD thats is pretty expensive for capability you are not going to use right now. You can get el cheapo sas2 card + SFF-8088/SFF-8087 to SFF-8644 cable from ebay which would give you 330MB data rate for 8x disks.
  7. R

Are you going to actually use SSDs in this chassis?
  8. R

TeamViewer alternative

Another alternative is Rustdesk https://github.com/rustdesk/rustdesk/
  9. R

Any alternative drivers for Nvidia?

AMD releases documentation for their GPUs so any drivers for NVIDIA on Windows would have to be reverse engineered.
  10. R

8x 4090 motherboard recommendations

8 * 16 is 128 no board actually exposes that amount of pcie lanes unless helped with pcie switches so do you need full 16x lanes? You have practically speaking two options pcie switches or only using 8x pcie lanes which you can accomplish using retimers / splitters. Another option would be...
  11. R

Anybody know what the heck this is????????

Could be bad DIMM slot. I would move the ram around to exclude this posibility. Is 412 /1 ECC error count?
  12. R

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

I do see some people in succeeding in such endeavours but there are always caveats if you want to do more then watch desktop icons. I would recommend you to virtualize your 2003 install.
  13. R

Lots of Optical Drives

@Winter That Asrock board accomplishes 18 SATA ports with LSI 3008 controller
  14. R

Lots of Optical Drives

If the LSI card does not work Get some old motherboards with maxed out SATA out and insure the extra slots are not handled by LSI but by intel controllers For example my Z420 has 10 sata ports no LSI here
  15. R

Quad port 2.5G i226 Network Card - Which is the go to?

Isnt Realtek better option for 2.5G ethernet? Considering intels problems with 226/225 disconnects.