Recent content by rootd00d

1. R

Epyc 7b13 + supermicro motherboard

Ah, this is fascinating. Thanks for posting this! Presumably a GCP node isn’t going to vendor-lock or do whatever this total breech of engineering ethics comprises. ;)
  2. R

I didn’t realize the “lock-in” was something as egregious as blowing tiny coded fuses in the CPU. It’s like some kind of venereal disease for processors. The seller claims the CPU has not been vendor locked, so I’ve got hope.
  3. R

All I know is that folks on this thread have reported that the 7B13 works with the ASrock ROMED8-2T, and several other SuperMicro boards. Perhaps this isn’t a vendor locked CPU?
  4. R

Ah, well I was thinking of the Lenovo Threadripper SKU CPUs listed on eBay. Already ordered the 7B13 so probably not going to order another one - and the ones I’ve found are all $2000+. I’ll confirm whether any of this works out.
  5. R

I already had this exact motherboard in order and found this thread when researching why this 7B13 chip seemed so relatively cheap on eBay ($1300 CAD ~ $1000 USD), and your report gave the confidence to go ahead try, so wish me luck! If this relative performance to a 3995wx is accurate, we’re...