Recent content by Robert Hart

1. R

AOC-S3108L-H8iR issues please help

Managed to get my temps down to 48c. think I might stick with raid 10, data isn't very critical but I think the benefits out weigh the data availability size sacrifice. Thanks again for your help.
  2. R

Would you recommend raid 6 over raid 10 if I had all 6 drives as one?
  3. R

Thanks for all your help Kristian, I think your right in regards to the CacheVault, I'm purchasing a UPS very soon so power outage shouldn't be an issue really. Will check transfer speed in an hour and see if it's still around 280MB/s will be so glad to have it sorted. Thanks again.
  4. R

So i used ATTO before changing the settings and had some shocking results. the only setting I've really changed is the Disk cache policy: enabled and i seem to now have similar results to you. I'm now moving 5TB of data and its now averaging about 280MB/s, ill keep an eye on it and see if it...
  5. R

Have uploaded screenshots of my VD's. When i used to have the cachvault installed when the machine booted it would always say cachvault mismatch. If the CacheVault will give better performance then i will stick it back in and show the error message it gives me. What are people using to test HDD...
  6. R

I'll send screen shot in the morning, making the other half a bit p'd off as been at this all day. Thanks for reply though. At least I know my temps are relatively ok.
  7. R

lastly, should i change the RAID card to something else? i bought the best card i could because i didn't really want to have to upgrade again but if something else is going to be more reliable and give me better speeds than id rather spend the money now whilst i can. Thanks again
  8. R

I updated the firmware using the file on the LSI/Avago website from the MegaRAID 9361-8i page as this seems to be identical to my card, would this be causing the problem?
  9. R

Hi All, First post on here and I'm losing my mind. I've built my own NAS server (ish) and although it runs fine im unhappy with the performance of the HDD speeds im getting and unsure what to do to get it sorted. System details as follow Supermicro X10SRi-F Xeon x5 2620 v3 32GB Supermincro...