Recent content by rmcfadzean

1. R

Intel Optane P1600X 118GB M.2 2280 - $59

I'm not sure how true it still is as my disks are showing slim-to-no wear yet after a year, but my understanding was that (at least of a year or so ago) using Proxmox HA services eats consumer-grade SSDs with gusto. Optane is great for ZFS special vdevs though - A bit about SSD perfomance and...
  2. R

List of OEM/white-labeled Supermicro systems?

I see we have similar interests, @zac1 :D I'll confirm that the NCR badged gear in a 505 that you've seen is indeed a supermicro and in my case it was a SYS-5019D-4C-FN8TP / x11-sdv-4c-tp8f. I couldn't see any NCR-specifc model info on it though. The sticker on the bottom is just a regular...
  3. R

SCAM ALERT?

I got a response from the one that DMed me (henrypage) so there's a human there to some degree. Captchas aren't going to do much tbh, but I do agree with @UnknownPommes suggestions.
  4. R

wtb: x300m-stx / ASRock deskmini x300

I'm mostly after the stx motherboard from a deskmini x300 but I am open to the whole deskmini if the price is right. Looking to expand upon my alt-TMM army Thanks!
  5. R

Dell Optiplex 3000 Thin Client

Ahhh yeah, missed that.
  6. R

Dell Optiplex 3000 Thin Client

Seems they relisted a couple at $185. https://www.ebay.com/itm/385294439858
  7. R

Micron 5100 eco 960gb 2.5inch $70/each, obo

When I asked about guaranteed minimum health, they offered to send SMART results for what would be my order. I'm just trying to figure out how many make sense right now
  8. R

15$ Dell Wyse 5060 Thin Client

Very. Go on... I've been scouring eBay lately for weird little boxes like this. It started as looking for cheap alternatives to a raspberry pi because those prices are ridiculous right now. I have seen nothing in that price point for my searches though. Ivy bridge is a little further back than...