Recent content by rgunner

1. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just an update. g-electronic received my return yesterday and I got a full refund yesterday, so kudos that they did honor their return policy and very quickly. Maybe they got a bad lot and whomever tested them just did a power on test, who knows. I also got my new 7250 from another vendor...
  2. R

I’ve only had it running for a week and I’m having to send it back due to a hardware issue (hazard of buying used), but for noise and power, I’m very happy. Enough so that I ordered another one from a different vendor that will be here by Friday. I needed close to 24 ports of POE with the IP...
  3. R

Quick question....is the noise level on the 6610 that much louder than the 7250? I really like the lower power/heat on the 7250 but since I'm going to have to get another switch (see 4 posts up) would I be better off getting the 6610-24P over the 7250-24P? I basically need 24 ports POE and...
  4. R

@fodeesha thanks again for the guide on the 7250. I got my 24 port up and running today and swapped it in place of my other two switches (hella less noise) :D Unfortunately, it looks like 1/3 of my 24 copper ports are not going to function with PoE....sigh. got it from g-electronic. Sent...
  5. R

Wanted to say thanks fohdeesha for all of the time and info. Pulled the trigger on the 7250-24P which got here Friday, now just waiting for my console cable to arrive so I can update the firmware to v8080 and swap out the Quanta LB6M and the Cisco WS-C3750E-48TD. :D