Recent content by Retsam

1. R

WTB: 2u 4 node server/dual 2011v2/2.5" drives/expansion slot(s)

If you need lots of DIMMs: - Supermicro 2027TR-H70RF+ Supermicro 2027TR-H70RF+ 2U 4 Node Server NO CPU/MEM X9DRT-HF+ BPN-ADPX9-6SATA | eBay If you need lots of 1 expansion card per node: - Supermicro SuperServer 1027TR-TF SuperMicro 1U 2-Node Server w/ 2x X9DRT-F Motherboards, CSE 809-12...
  2. R

This thread really took off what I was at work. Thanks for all the attention guys. Kinda makes me feel like I neglected the thread. lol That's actually a surprisingly affordably option, but half the individual node capacity and needing twice as many storage drives, nics, and licenses makes me...
  3. R

It seems the C6220 can't support V2 processors. I guess I am fully back to the drawing board.
  4. R

I was considering the C6220, but mostly used this as an example. Is this a backpane limit, or could the drives run 6 Gb/s with an HBA?
  5. R

I am looking for something like the Dell C6220 and I was wondering if there were any options in my range that I had not considered. Specs: - Runs on 120 volt power - 16 DIMM slots per a node - At least 4 and preferably 6-8 drive slots per node. - Built in LSI 6 Gb/s HBA and Low Profile PCI-e...
  6. R

Gigabyte 2u GS-R22PDT quad node 2011 systems NIB

Thanks for the info, but looking at mezzanine cards from supermicro, they seem to be non standard pci-e cards for places that can't fit a standard card. Basically what you said, but I think a little closer to what it is. There only one I saw on the HCL for this server is made by gigabyte and I...
  7. R

Gigabyte 2u GS-R22PDT quad node 2011 systems NIB

I'm thinking this may be a great way to consolidate some supermicro servers, but I need to make sure I have everything straight before I can let myself dive in. GS-R22PDT (rev. 1.0) | Rack Server | GIGABYTE Just a sanity check. These have VGA/2 USB on the front and NOT serial, correct? It...