Recent content by ReeseRiverson

1. R

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Yo Sleyk, thanks for the welcome! :) They were certainly on the Intel X520-DA2 card, I just didn't catch on until I check it out on my Windows 7 rig. Actually the Cisco transceivers work perfectly fine with my LB6M as-is, since I'm getting fully functional networking between it and my Blade...
  2. R

Alright, so to update the situation at hand... this confirms my exact statement. More specifically with the SFP+ interfaces. It turns out the Quanta LB6M's configuration wasn't the issue, in fact it's because of the transceiver compatibility on the X520-DA2 adapters. The Cisco ones they came...
  3. R

SM Backplane swap

I have no experience with the SAS3 backplanes, but I know it was quite easy to upgrade from a SAS to a SAS2 backplane on my Supermicro chassis. So I'd imagine the same being the case here too. I do like that we can do this on the SM chassis. :)
  4. R

Hello everyone, I still consider myself relatively new to networking, despite what I've been dabbling in thus far between my home setup and our small business's configuration. Primarily one of my friends helped get me into the used enterprise gear market for various needs, and to be quite...