Recent content by Rand0mUser

1. R

MikroTik CRS309-1G-8S+IN Review Inexpensive 8x 10GbE Switch

It would help cooling down the CPU, but not the transceivers. Transceivers temp can be a problem, as explained by MikroTik here.
  2. R

MikroTik CRS309-1G-8S+IN Review Inexpensive 8x 10GbE Switch

Hello, A little update about this nice 10 GbE switch, it has passive cooling but there's an easy way to upgrade it to active cooling if you're using SFP+ to copper transceivers for example, since they tend to get real hot: Fan mod on MikroTik CRS309-1G-8S+IN (in french, use google translate):
  3. R

EU FS: SuperMicro X11SSL-F and 2 X 16 GB ECC RAM sticks SM approved

Bump, price drop for the mobo and added RAM sticks.
  4. R

Benchmark Xeon E3-1245 v5 vs Xeon D-1557 on Plex video transcoding: Xeon D won't hit 100% CPU load

Hello, Thanks for this, I think you're right. I just tried a stress test on the Xeon D-1557 running Prime95 and CPU usage reached above 100%: Also, htop shows all 24 threads at 100% usage, while load average is around 25 which seems legit according to the number of threads for this CPU...
  5. R

Benchmark Xeon E3-1245 v5 vs Xeon D-1557 on Plex video transcoding: Xeon D won't hit 100% CPU load

Hello, I'm trying to compare performances of 2 servers using very similar setups: Server 1: Xeon E3-1245 v5, Asrock Rack C236WSI motherboard, 2 X 16 Go DDR4 2133 RAM, data pool with 4 X 3 To HDD in raidz, Freenas 11.2-U7 Server 2: Supermicro X10SDV-12C-TLN4F (Xeon D-1557 SoC), 2 X 32 Go...
  6. R

Help me fix a X10SDV-12C-TLN4F with Memory signal is too marginal error

Hello, I have good news about this one, and since I wrote I would give an update here it is. Supermicro EU gave me a RMA number, and I sent back the board to their EU center on 23/12/2019. Parcel was received on 30/12/2019. On 10/01/2020 I received UPS notice about a parcel coming from...
  7. R

Hello, Good news, I managed to get invoice for the motherboard from previous company owner. I contacted Supermicro EU and I'm in the process of returning for a RMA repair. Their tech and RMA support gave quick answers to emails and seem very helpful, I hope they can help fixing this. I'll give...
  8. R

Hello, I read that strange POST problems could be caused by a defective BIOS chip, so issue could be there. But obviously, yes it could be lot of other things and it's hard to be sure. Yes I cleaned RAM slots (it was already clean in fact), still the same. I checked the board with magnifier...
  9. R

EU FS: SuperMicro X11SSL-F and 2 X 16 GB ECC RAM sticks SM approved

Hello, I'm selling a SuperMicro X11SSL-F used M-ATX motherboard. I had it from a bunch of components that I bought, it came from a very low utilized home server and it's in perfect shape and working condition with i/o shield. Here is a picture, CPU and RAM are not included in the sale, only...
  10. R

Hello all at STH, I have here a Supermicro X10SDV-12C-TLN4F which has some issues. I'm trying to diagnose if the board is dead, or if it can be fixed. Main problem is there's no way to use it with RAM in slot A1, otherwise I always get error "Memory signal is too marginal DIMMA1". RAM is not...