Recent content by rafale77

1. rafale77

Dell Optiplex mini w/ RX640 in PCI-e slot.

I saw several blogs about the a version of the 7070/7080 also configured this way. They are near impossible to find on the used market. I know, I looked… and settled for the Lenovo instead which is much easier to come about since they all have this capability.
  2. rafale77

Lenovo Thinkcentre Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I have both a P340 and M90Q Gen2 with April BIOS versions and don't have this problem. Both run 64GB of ram. Since the memory controller is in the CPU these days, maybe check if you are running different CPUs and if there is somehow a limitation there?
  3. rafale77

No documentation no. This is just based on own experience and people from this very forum. My setup is actually completely undocumented and unsupported for either my CPU or GPU and even less the ability to combine the two.
  4. rafale77

Can't speak for the older m910x but on mine, the CPU power limits change according to the power supply you plug into it. 90W will dramatically limit a 65W Coffee Lake CPU and to some extent the i7/i9 35W too. I am running a 50W GPU alongside a 125W CPU on my P340 and have no problems... but...
  5. rafale77

ECC memory support is dependent on the chipset/CPU. Intel chipsets in these units don't support ECC. The AMD ones on the other hand can if you get a CPU which also supports ECC.
  6. rafale77

Apparently it does. I need to investigate. There is even a windows driver for it. The P360 tiny is available in the US! Fun fact, when I look for parts like Riser or a HSF, I am finding that I have to get them from the UK because the official supplier in the US doesn't have them in stock...
  7. rafale77

@Parallax Seems like you caught upgraditis. :p Anyone has any idea what the thunderbolt option works on the P340? When I enable it, it appears to make my dGPU output a mess, preventing me even to get back into the BIOS to change it back.
  8. rafale77

SK hynix Platinum P41 1TB NVMe SSD SSD Review

Been waiting on this SSD for quite a few months now. Great review! Power consumption and a bit more details on the temperature with an IR gun would have been my suggestion. My experience with a lot of SSDs, Adata and Phison based ones, is that HWMonitor doesn't really display the same. My Hynix...
  9. rafale77

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Yeah you are right... Who knows. I am running a 10850K (125W TDP) with an AMD WX4100 on mine, none of which is on the supported list... o_O
  10. rafale77

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

I am tempted to try but am a bit skeptical of the benefit. I also read on the lenovo forum that they clearly stated they would not upgrade the BIOS to support the Rocket Lake microcodes so I doubt that it will work.
  11. rafale77

The benchmark (Cinebench R23) graph below can sum up why I love my P340 tiny as much as I do... You can see that the micro/mini/tiny form factor limits thermal dissipation and therefore has pushed manufacturers to decrease power limits. As I found out with my HP Elitedesk 800 G5, the i9 9900...
  12. rafale77

It's pretty involved... The simplest way with windows is to use a tool like throttlestop but I did it the complicated way by editing the UEFI settings using RU.efi on the same USB stick with grub shell I used to upgrade the BIOS. I have been able to undervolt but the Power Limit appear to get...
  13. rafale77

The P340/P350/M90Qs come in 3 Power supply flavors. 135W, 170W and 230W. It seems like the M90Q ships mostly without a GPU and therefore generally gets a 135W one while the P340/P350 offers the 230W as an option but at one point was the only choice due to shortages of the 170W version. The...