Recent content by ptibeur

1. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You could observe the ARP table of your router/firewall, instead of focusing on the switch's ARP table, it's the same function on a different host, you should get a similar result.
  2. P

Oooh, that's interesting, is it a known issue ? Is it fixable or replaceable in some way ? I might be able to replace a faulty component with a soldering iron if it's more or less accessible :) Yes I tested on a breadboard, the fans can start from full-stop with 3.3V applied, thus there should...
  3. P

Thank you Frnot for confirming you also have this bug, it's too bad it was not fixed in a later version... or maybe the latest one ? I'll try it and post some news here. I'm not fan (haha) of the idea of running the switch completely fanless, I would be afraid it would get really too hot over...
  4. P

Hi all :) I finally received an ICX- 6450-48 and started to work on the cooling/silence topic. My desk room pretty silent, I can hear the hard drive rotation of WD RE drives, to give a benchmark of "quietness" of the room. First weird thing I noticed when I plugged the switch, is that the...
  5. P

Hi all ;) Jumping aboard the Brocade party train :D If everything goes just as planned, I should be getting a used ICX-6450-48 soon. I spotted a used 7250-48P but never got answers from the seller :/ I'm now digging this awesome thread to find : - the most silent fans suitable for this...