Recent content by psc

1. P

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

Popped down and picked up some bits today. All still in the car, but certainly seems in good condition. Nice chap; a pleasure to deal with. It's a very dangerous place, though; far too many temptations. Thanks @tjsgifan
  2. P

UK FS: Eaton 9135 6000VA UPS

Well, it's 2.5 really, isn't it! I'll drop you a PM. I've no EBM, I'm afriad. You could take 2 and split loads between them ;) The MCB on a UK mains ring is rated at 32A, with (each) cable rated for >20A (once you've accounted for insulation, grouping, etc), with the normal sockets...
  3. P

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

Interested in 1 or 2 of these, and could collect during working hours. What price do you want? Do you have any JBOD boards spare? Edit: That Quanta T21P-4U could also be tempting... at a price
  4. P

UK Brocade switches (icx6450, icx6610, TurboIron 24x, FWS624, FCX624, FCX648)

These are still hanging around, but I've finally worked myself up (or my wife has...) and I am starting to list on eBay; shout if there's any interest here. Open to offers.
  5. P

UK FS: Eaton 9135 6000VA UPS

I've got 3 of these (ish...) I need to sell: - 1x with brand new CSB batteries [will be listing on the bay this week] £700 - 1x with used batteries (happy to fit new batteries at cost once we've agreed a sale) £350 SOLD - 1x without the power module, so only useful for the network card or spares...
  6. P

10 and 40 Gb networking on the cheap ($5 - $10)

I tend to look on Thingiverse for stuff like that. Ideally, upload the source file as well as the exported STL.
  7. P

No, some are gone some are still here - and I've still not got around to sorting out my ebay account! Drop me a message with what you're after.
  8. P

Areca Volume Set vanished

Yeah, that's pretty much the current plan. I've offline backups of my data array, but this raid set held my virtuals and similar stuff that should be rebuildable if necessary (with time...). I know the raid\volume set config is stored at the front of each disk, and that which disk in the raid...
  9. P

Areca Volume Set vanished

Whilst away for the weekend, my 1883ix-16 logged DRAM 1-Bit ECC DRAM Fatal Error and also, at some point, kicked a disk out of one of the RAID sets. When I returned, Linux had remounted loads of stuff read-only, and the controller was beeping but unresponsive over the network, so I only...
  10. P

I'm happy to do it at cost, but I've not shipped internationally before and I'm guessing it'll depend on destination and weight. If you PM me what you want and where you are I can look into it.
  11. P

It's not, I'm afraid. I do have a BayStack 5520-24T-PWR and a BayStack 5520-48T-PWR, but I think they're just 1GB SFP uplinks (I've not really looked into them properly yet).