Recent content by PrimeXFN

1. P

Intel SSD D3-S4510 3.84TB 3D NAND TLC SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 - new $180

Some pretty good deals across the board from that seller, and all on Amazon's platform. Nice find.
  2. P

Mem-Store Discounted Memory

I'll echo David - I've used their memory with good results multiple times.
  3. P

EXPIRED 32GB ECC UDIMMS for $29/ea in the CDW Outlet

You mean the pickiest motherboard known to mankind? LOLOLOL. I bought some of this RAM but I've not tried it in my W580/ -5F boards. I wouldn't hold my breath on it working.
  4. P

UK Juniper EX2200-48P-4G - £30

I'm a big Juniper fan, but I can't recommend the EX2200. I've had nothing but problems with the onboard flash getting corrupted on these, resulting in a no-boot situation and requiring USB format recovery--and sometimes even that fails if the flash is especially bad. Could have been a...
  5. P

I hate calling and it was still a great price. Frankly I'd rather have missed out entirely than have to call CDW. I recognize that is probably a minority opinion, but it's my money to waste. :)
  6. P

I placed 8 orders online between 3:20 and 3:30 PM CDT. 6 of them shipped yesterday evening, 1 of them shows backordered, and 1 of them has no status update. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
  7. P

Placed 8 separate orders for 1 each. Not actually expecting to get them all, but would certainly welcome it if so.
  8. P

Nice equipment cart; 2-shelf; 24"x32" $53 (excellent price)

Figured I was too late, but one just appeared for me as well. OOS now. Regional maybe?
  9. P

Intel Xeon W-1300 and W580 motherboards

Yes, my very anecdotal experience would lead me to suggest the Micron sticks ( MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2B1) for this board. Or, alternatively, see if the SuperMicro branded sticks on the QVL are available--they weren't when I built. I agree, this has kind of been a forgotten generation. I don't know...
  10. P

Not mixed. I have one system with 4 of the Kingston sticks and one system with 2 of the Micron sticks. I had the Kingston-based system fail to boot once (maybe twice?) when building, but I do not recall having had a reoccurrence since the system went live. Additionally, I do not recall having...
  11. P

I ended up having pretty decent luck with the Kingston KSM29ED8/16HD sticks after-all as well as Micron MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2B1. I'm still bitter though, and am wary any time I do a reboot if I'm not physically present--tough I cannot offhand recall any recent boot failures. To be clear, the OOB...
  12. P

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

...or maybe AVX512 support, but somehow they'd have to work through the instruction set disparity between the P cores and E cores--or eschew the E cores entirely.
  13. P

Wow. Color me surprised too. I didn't even bother checking ARK first since Intel seemed to abandon ECC even for the i3s several generations back. I agree that seemingly makes a Xeon W-1400 series effectively redundant, and that would indeed explain the lack of any Xeon references in the X13's...
  14. P

Worth noting that the W680 LGA1700 platform is close to launch / is launched. e.g., X13SAE-F | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. SM's page says the board supports ECC, and since the Core chips don't, I'm guessing we're going to see a Xeon W 1xxx-series refresh (W-1400?) based...
  15. P

Wanted to provide a followup for anyone that had been considering this solution - just don't. I've not been happy with either system I built on this board. Specifically: 1. Memory compatibility is garbage 2. While SuperMicro enabled fTPM with the latest BIOS revision, the implementation is...