Recent content by pisiiki

1. P

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

Thanks for reaching out! I managed to boot it. It booted installing a single module on the 3rd right slot closest to the processor, failed on 1st and 2nd. No idea why. The computer cycled like 3 times and then posted. Thanks a lot.
  2. P

Hello, I have finally acquired all the hardware needed to build my machine: - Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE - QYFS - Kingston FURY Renegade Pro PnP 128GB 4800MT/s (4x32) However, it appears that I am unable to get past the POST; the machine stops at Q-CODE 29, and an LED indicating RAM failure lights...
  3. P

Why would they remove overclock functionality with a bios release? That doesn't make much sense at all.
  4. P

ES Xeon Discussion

First of all, thank you to everyone for the advice. I was able to make a decision quickly and have already ordered the SAGE SE and the QYFS. The only component I'm still looking for is the RAM. I was planning on 8x16GB. After some research, I've learned that dual rank 16GB modules do not exist...
  5. P

ES Xeon Discussion

This is for my personal setup. I'll be engaging in gaming and hobby projects. This includes compiling Unreal Engine from almost scratch multiple times a day and experimenting with deep learning. At work, I have a Threadripper PRO 5995WX with 256GB of RAM, which builds significantly faster than...
  6. P

ES Xeon Discussion

Alright then, I see. I will go with the W790 + QYFS/QYFR then. I prefer the desktop motherboard. Thanks a lot!
  7. P

ES Xeon Discussion

Q0KG/8470 E0/S1 not a good idea? This one seems to fit my needs the best as I will be compiling tons of code from time to time and I still want to get a high clock for some casual gamming. Gotcha with the RAM info too, thanks a lot for the advice!
  8. P

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks for the clarification! I have decided to order the W790-E PRO SAGE SE. Now I need to decide on the CPU/MEM. Any recommendations going forward in the range of ~$600 ~350W ES CPUs? Best number of RAM sticks, speed? I'm going for 128GB of RAM for this machine.
  9. P

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks for answering. What pros/cons are there for the C741 motherboards vs the W790? I plan on getting a 350W chip. Are both fine at this wattage?
  10. P

ES Xeon Discussion

Hello there! What a fantastic thread. I've been curious about the Sapphire Rapids Engineering Sample (ES) versions and have been searching for information, but I'm still somewhat confused. I spend a significant amount of time compiling code on my machine (UE C++ and shaders, Linux packages...