Recent content by pinkypie

1. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hey guys, I need some help figuring out how to troubleshoot a problem. I have a brocade switch that I setup a VLAN to control around 12 cameras. The VLANs are set up as 192.168.3.x. The problem is, I needed to reset a camera and I reset the camera to factory defaults, the IP defaults to...
  2. P

Hello LR, trying to understand something. I put the static route in my laptop and can now ping devices on VLAN 2, VLAN 3 and those VLANs can ping VLAN 1. Also, VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 can ping between themselves, however, they could do this before the static route was added. What I am trying to...
  3. P

Excellent point! Did not think of this. The Nighthawk is set as default gateway per the guide: ip dns server-address 192.168.1.1 ip route 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.1.1 Looking forward to trying this out as soon as I get home tonight. Thank you vm for the help and great advice!
  4. P

Thanks Lode. That is helpful and exactly what I am trying to do. I am trying to isolate cameras fom the internet but at the same time be able to connect and config the cameras from my home network, 192.168.1.1. I was going to use ACLs for this. for OSX should be this I believe sudo route -n add...
  5. P

hey Lode. When I went through the setup using fohdeesha's guide, I set up the switch IP as 192.168.1.250. I am running router code. I changed default VLAN to 999 so I can use VLAN 1. vlan 1 by port untagged ethe 1/1/1 router-interface ve 1 interface ve 1 ip address 192.168.1.250 255.255.255.0...
  6. P

Got a 6450 up and running. I have VLANs set up but I am having trouble figuring out how to mange the switch from a VLAN. If I plug into the switch, let's say port 1/1/1 with no VLAN assigned, I can manage the switch no problem. Problem is that I need to assign VLANs to all ports so I can use...
  7. P

Hey guys need a little help please. I am trying to figure out how ACLs work. In one of Terry Henry's videos he says in version 8095 the ACLs are applied to the physical interface instead of the virtual interface. I've got a 6450 running 8030 so I figure that is why I couldn't recreate the...
  8. P

What about issues with older CPU and encryption? I have been following the guide and I am pretty much done for the basic load out. The problem is SSH. I've uploaded the public key per your guide (thanks btw, excellent instructions on setup) but it throws the error: Unable to negotiate with...
  9. P

I bought a 6450 off eBay. In the process of getting it configured but the older boot software is bit troublesome. Anyway, figured out this switch is about 7 years old. Is there any significant hardware upgrades in the past 7 years or so? Wondering how this switch compares to the newer models...
  10. P

Good deal. To minimize any incompatibility issues, I ordered a Cable Matters RJ45 to USB-C. Damn, that is a lot of connectors you are using. Three correct? USB-C to USB --> USB to DB9 --> DB9 to RJ45?
  11. P

Is the brocade able to be set up via a Mac or through Windows on VMware? I have tried both with no success. I am using RJ45 from console port to an ethernet-->USB C adapter. Unable to find any connected devices via the ls -ltr /dev/*usb* command. Also, the COM port does not show up in Windows 10...
  12. P

Hi Scarlett, yes I need the Management VLAN to be routed because I need to be able to configure the cameras. It is management not only for switch but for the cameras as well. I want to keep routing off the pfSense box.
  13. P

Yep, viewed those video prior to that post. I see what you mean by blocking the VE. I guess I could either block inbound on ve 2 or block outbound on ve 3. However, it probably makes more sense to block incoming on ve 2. #Create VLANs vlan 2 Management untagged ethe 1/1/1 router-interface ve 2...
  14. P

I just ordered an 6450-24P off eBay. I was a bit confused on reading the ACL implementation. Wouldn't "deny ip any any" assigned to ve2 deny any inbound traffic to the management interface from any IPs? From what I read, inbound ACLs on VEs apply to traffic going IN to the VE from the VLAN to...
  15. P

You are correct, I wasn't thinking of the scenario where the management VLAN would need to access both the ICX6450 and the cameras but prevent Camera VLAN from talking to the Management VLAN. Am I on the right path? #Create VLANs vlan 2 Management untagged ethe 1/1/1 router-interface ve 2...